1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ground throw escapes

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by TexasLion, Jul 19, 2003.

1. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Sorry if this is such a newbie question but I'm still just a newbie. Are all ground throws escapable, in any situation? Like if Goh does [3][3][P]+[G], then goes into his ground throw, can that be escaped everytime time if you time it right? Or if you hit the wall high on a wall hit and there's no chance to quick get up, and someone ground throws you, can you break that as well?

I don't have much experience against a ground throw character so I was just wondering.

2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

As far as I know, they can all be escaped. You just have to guess between [3][P]+[G] and [2][P]+[G] since you can't escape both at once.

3. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Doh, I didn't even know there was a [3][P]+[G] throw escape command. I was just doing [2][P]+[G] everytime, and missing the escape a lot. Thanks.

And did i read what you said correctly...you can't input both escape commands like you can input 3 or 4 regular standing/ducking escapes? You have to just guess one or the other?

And the person playing Goh, them doing either [3][P]+[G] or [2][P]+[G] results in the same ground throw right, and the only point is for the person getting thrown to guess correctly? Or is the ground throws different for each of the two commands?

4. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

do they do the same ground throw? i thought SOME characters actually had two?

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

No, you can't escape both like a normal DTE. You have to choose one. And yes, both of Goh's ground throw commands do the same thing. Same rule applies to Aoi. Wolf has a pickup ([2][P]+[G]) and a regular ground throw ([3][P]+[G]). I just escape the [3][P]+[G] against Wolf every time because the pickup doesn't guarantee much. Too bad Jeffry has no ground throws, just 2 pickup commands. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

Too bad Jeffry has no ground throws, just 2 pickup commands

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad for who? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SoundWave said:

do they do the same ground throw? i thought SOME characters actually had two?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two commands for it in Evo, but only one real ground throw. The GT, itself, changes depending upon the opponent's position (feet-towards face-up, FTFD, feet-away FU, FAFD).