1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Groundhog Day

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Jeffahn, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    Alantan in reply to your post about punishing tech rolls it's all about mind games.

You can tech roll and attack, as soon as you recover from the tech roll your crouching then you can go into FC (from crouching) moves (if you wish but FC moves seem to have high pioirty). So if you see them tech Roll looking to attack do a mid move to punish them. Now (this is the beauty of the system) if they tech roll and hold gaurd you have only a small window of attack opptunity so you have to be precise otherwise low throw is an alternative. Also Quick Rising which is a little bit different it's almost the same as doing the hand spring get up in VF3 but you seem a little more vunrable to sweeps and gaurd breaking moves. Now laying on the floor, all stomps seem to do BIG damage even the d/f+k or p do high damage compared to VF3.

So all i can say now is take your pick and i'll be waiting : )

Now e.g from the beautiful system opponents decides NOT to tech roll pounce after a couple of these he decides to tech roll more punishment is dished out.

BLISS

Everything has a system

THAT'S.......IT.......NOW!!!

2. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

so from your post, if one is good, technically he can punish the tech roll with a mid attack everytime if his timing is right as the tech roll recovers crouching. mmm... isn't that pretty bad? perhaps the timing is really tough.

The stomps don't seem to do a lot of damage. They just sound damaging. I think they seemed to be toned down from vf3 but what do I know, I haven't touched VF3 for ages.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ice-9,

df+P ~ P ~ d+P+K,K
    df+P ~ P ~ d+P ~ DragonPunch

are fun combos starting with the "chop thing" =) I just figured out the second one while experimenting yesterday.

The Wall,

Yep, QR (handspring) leaves you vulnerable to sweeps because you're a standing nondefender for a split second.

[​IMG]

4. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    They do big damage now because every pounce is like a d,u+p pounce from vf3 it seems, and i'm not even going to metion the u+k+g stomps that some charaters have gained : ) can anyone smell a tech roll coming?

Everything has a system

THAT'S.......IT.......NOW!!!