1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Group effort to learn each character?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Hazzerone, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

I've noticed alot of people here on VFDC and on my Xbox friends list don't necessarily know each character well enough to play versus them (myself included) and lose to "shenanigans" which might not even be as strong as it appears.

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to try and get everyone here to pickup a chosen character for 2weeks or a month? Everyone using the same character and sharing tips?

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'll join you on that, Hazz. When me and Marly were playing about with the same character at the same time on Tekken I learned their ins and outs much faster.
    It's better when you can talk to each other as well.

3. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

I'm down for that... I wanted to pick up SA or get back on BR, but I still don't know enough about JE still-- well at least to consider myself truly formidable.

4. Hazzerone

Anyone else? 3-4 people is not enough to cover a character in a 2week or month period.

5. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I'd be down for it but i'm to lazy to keep quitting and inviting again, wish VF had had an option to go back to the character select when playing online [​IMG]

I've mostly been using other chracters for the last month or so anyway, barely used Akira.

6. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Im reasonably good with every character except Lion, Shun, and Akira. I just pay attention when playing against other characters and naturally pick up on strats. So I could join this effort. Learning new characters is what keeps me playing VF.

7. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'd be in, but I have no internets [​IMG] .
    Should be cool for next month though

8. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I think this is a good idea.

9. jinxhand

When we do start these sessions, are we gonna compile any data of some sort and if so, where specifically are we gonna post it???

10. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I'm in, people always say they don't know enough about Lion after playing me. Personally I'm weak against Kage.

11. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    o0oh boris will finally learn goh!

12. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Lol I totally didn't read the first post, I thought we would just use random chars for a night or something. Never mind I'll still give it a go.

13. jinxhand

I'm thinking about either re-learning Lion or Aoi... Hope to get some serious vf cross training in soon...

14. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

I am the perfect person for this stuff, I can use all the characters equally well.

Seriously.

15. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    How do you want to do this? Just randomly jump from character to character or go through them in order?

16. Hazzerone

Well I would either number characters 1-17 and then I would post asking someone to pick a number and then we all go with that character. Or it would be a vote by all people who want to be involved saying who they'd like to learn most.

17. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Been enjoying brad. His 6p can do everything.

18. jinxhand

Yeah 6p does so much for him... Punishing, mixups, oki, etc...

19. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

You play all characters like shit? I believe it.

[​IMG]

20. Hazzerone

Alright then people put your names down if you want to get involved. My XBL is down to silver for a little bit and my faulty stick is being sent back for a replacement sometime today (hopefully). Should give us enough time to get this ish sorted.