1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Guard button in other games

Discussion in 'General' started by GLC, Mar 25, 2001.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I've been wondering, are there many games making use of G button to block rather than by pulling the stick to b/db? I mean newer games... Chanchai? Btw, which setup do you prefer?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The only games I can think of (apart from Sega fighters), are tobal no.1, tobal 2, ehrgeiz, and the bouncer.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Soul Edge/Calibur. Mortal Kombat 4/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif--I know, it's not that new... Like Myke said, Tobal 1 and 2 (imo, the second one is worth getting a PSOne alone). Fighting Vipers 1&2 of course.. That's all I can think of at the moment...

I'm assuming you are talking about Fighting Games, otherwise there's also the Sega Beatemups (Zombie Revenge(?) and Dynamite Deka Series).

I prefer the Guard button setup personally. While not being an expert at any fighting game, all I can say is that it feels more complete to me that way. However, being so used to b/db makes it not too much of an issue. But I feel that a seperate Guard button carries potential for additional mechanics that b/db can't (G-Cancels for instance, but I acknowledge that there are other forms of buffer tricks/cancels in games like Tekken)..

-Chanchai

4. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

doa2 , mk1-4, yu yu hakusho, war gods, fighting vipers 1-2, psychic force, soul calibur, soul blade, bushido blade (1), last bronx, bloodstorm, final round, tech romancer, star gladiator (aka plasma sword) 1-2, sonic the fighters, tobal 1-2, Ehrgeiz, most DBZ games and last but not least PIT FIGHTER!

all i can remember :>

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!