Guard button in other games

Discussion in 'General' started by GLC, Mar 25, 2001.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I've been wondering, are there many games making use of G button to block rather than by pulling the stick to b/db? I mean newer games... Chanchai? Btw, which setup do you prefer?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The only games I can think of (apart from Sega fighters), are tobal no.1, tobal 2, ehrgeiz, and the bouncer.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Soul Edge/Calibur. Mortal Kombat 4/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif--I know, it's not that new... Like Myke said, Tobal 1 and 2 (imo, the second one is worth getting a PSOne alone). Fighting Vipers 1&2 of course.. That's all I can think of at the moment...

I'm assuming you are talking about Fighting Games, otherwise there's also the Sega Beatemups (Zombie Revenge(?) and Dynamite Deka Series).

I prefer the Guard button setup personally. While not being an expert at any fighting game, all I can say is that it feels more complete to me that way. However, being so used to b/db makes it not too much of an issue. But I feel that a seperate Guard button carries potential for additional mechanics that b/db can't (G-Cancels for instance, but I acknowledge that there are other forms of buffer tricks/cancels in games like Tekken)..

-Chanchai

4. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

doa2 , mk1-4, yu yu hakusho, war gods, fighting vipers 1-2, psychic force, soul calibur, soul blade, bushido blade (1), last bronx, bloodstorm, final round, tech romancer, star gladiator (aka plasma sword) 1-2, sonic the fighters, tobal 1-2, Ehrgeiz, most DBZ games and last but not least PIT FIGHTER!

all i can remember :>

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!