1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Guard Cancelling with Aoi

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by ShunAoi, Jul 5, 2002.

1. ShunAoi

ShunAoi Member

i'm gettin really good with Aoi now but i dont feel like i'm gettin her full potential without guard cancelling....can someone please give me some tips of moves that "flow" from a guard cancel so my opponent doesn't just see it coming and whoop me...

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Well, I touch on it here:
    http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&chara=aoi&file=vf4_aoi_guide_gaijinpunch.html

Here are my favorites:
    [2][K]+[G][G][6][P]+[K][P] - Make sure there's some distance between you and your opponent.
    [4][4][P]+[K][G] Then throw --this is great if you're opponent is coming to you with a flying knee. YOu can always drop the G-cancel and connect, but the [P][P][P][K] follow up won't. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    [3][P][G] [6][P]+[K][P]
    [3][P][G] Throw -- a bit risky.
    [6][P]+[K][P][G][4][3][P] This is a popular combo. If the last part is blocked, you're throwable. If it happens, try this:
    [6][P]+[K][P][G] Throw.

[P][P][P][2][K][G][6][P]+[K][P]

Those should get you somewhere against any decent player, although not very far against the CPU.

3. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

[4],[3]+[P] is like Aoi's best move the problem is she is throwable if it's blocked but i've learned how to manage this!!! Now if you use the above combo with it and it's blocked the moment it's blocked do an evading-throw escape-guard, this will stop them from throwing you or striking you(unless its a crescent or tracking combo) then just hold guard, otherwise release guard after they throw their strike and give them a nice side throw. All this is done very quickly but you get used to it. I haven't experimented with evading-multiple throw escape-guards because my VS. competition isn't too good and it seems like too much effort.. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just realized this post was started by ShunAoi, which was me forever ago /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif i forgot my name and password since i hadn't been here forever so i just made a new acount.