1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Guard Challenge!

Discussion in 'Console' started by nou, May 31, 2005.

1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Okay I used the search function for this but no results.

Anyways, I was recently going through the training mode again and what I thought I had beat, I don't. I'm on the 3rd guard challenge(1-C) in Challenge. It's where you after you block [P] Akira either does [2_][4][6][P], [3][P]+[K] or standing [P]+[G].

Any tips from those who beat it? I got the body language almost down, but the grab is what mostly gets me and if it's not that it's [2_][4][6][P].

I know this is old as all fuck, but we don't have F.T. around here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanx.

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
  3. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Ah, one of the fuzzy guard challenges. What's fuzzy guarding you ask? Its the technique that trians you to avoid throws and block fast mid attacks at small disadvantages. At first these are nailbiters but once you understand what to do it becomes easier.

[ QUOTE ]
    Femto said:

Okay I used the search function for this but no results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then your not using the search very well. I typed in "guard challenge" and found this thread

If you read that thread it comes with a more elaborate post Basic guarding and Motion Cut concept further explained

After you read them then try it out. One thing, you can "cheat" the throw attempt if you start in open stance. Thats if you just plainly want to beat the exercise. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck.

4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Thanks alot guys.

I typed in Guard Challenge as well, but nothing came up. Hmm...

I figured it had to do with Fuzzy Guarding but I wasn't to sure and (until now) wasn't too familiar with it.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Femto said:

I typed in Guard Challenge as well, but nothing came up. Hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

The default search range is 1 week. If you changed this to 2 years or so (around the lifespan of Evo) then you'd get more than enough results with the same search term.