1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Guard double command throw escape?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by AlexMD, Dec 20, 2000.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hi I was practising my GTE today as Pai anyway I was using f,f,k to bait the american CPU to throw and I tried to reverse Lau's f,p+g but he did back P+G and it was still reversed I thought I must have accidently put in the wrong command but it happened again with Kage f or b P+G mixups so I went into training and would get a kick or ff,k to whiff than do f,b,p+g (the gte where you let go of p) and I was reversing the mix ups 90% of the time so this couldn't be a mistake.Has this been documented yet?,if not could someone confirm this for me? seems to work with everyone.:)

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Alex, the first thing I have to say is that you should never, never, never rely on the CPU for testing, especially something that requires inputs from both players.

When you say you're testing your throw escapes against the CPU, are you setting the training dummy to "Throw Random" or to one of the AI levels? In either case, you can never be sure which throw the CPU will be attempting, so how do you know you're not just getting lucky with escaping the first command throw each time? I guess you can tell by the throw escape animation, but you have to be sure that you're escaping on your 2nd command escape to prove that it works.

If you really want to test it properly, get a human to do b+P+G and you try to reverse it with a quick f+P+G,b+P+G~P (which is what I assume you're trying to achieve). But I'll tell you now not to bother because double command throw escapes don't work.

If you've got nothing better to do, by all means, see for yourself :)

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

3. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Guard double command throw escape/frame stats

Hey Mike

First of all this is not a normal DTE,It's not f,p+g then b,p+g It's f,b p+g and hold guard and here are my frame stats from the training mode against CPU (I paused it as the animation for kage f,p+g escape (the push away) was ending. f 7frames,neutral 2frames,b 1frame,b+p+g2frames,b+g 4frames,g 40frames.
    As you can see f,p+g is nowhere to be seen but the escape is clearly shown on the screen :) and yes I am on the left side of the screen

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 12/20/00 07:03 AM.</FONT></P>

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Guard double command throw escape/frame stats

I get what you're saying now, sorry. So you escaped the f+P+G with a f,b+P+G? Then it seems almost logical that the same command will escape the b+P+G eh?

hmmm..

__
    m y k e

5. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Well that's the theory at least,I imagine this could be very usefull against certain characters.I've yet to try stuff like f,d/f p+g release g against Jeff that would nullify a lot of his good throws.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Very interresting topic!

Double command throw escape. Hum... imagine this:

-f,d/f+P+G vs Akira escapes RBC, d/f+P+G, b,f+P+G and b/d,f+P+G!
    -f,b+P+G vs Sarah escapes f,f+P+G, b,f+P+G, b+P+G. That means ALL her command throws!
    -b,d/f+P+G vs Shun escapes b,d/f+P+G, d/f+P+G and b+P+G. That means ALL his command throws.
    -etc...

Powerful stuff! AND, this technique could possibly be combine with a normal DTE like: b,f+P+G, P+G vs Sarah. That would escape all her throws...

7. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

this is NOT a double-command TE. RTFM. you are not doing anything new.

// clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Just tried reversing Kage's f+P+G with a f,b+P+G and not once did it work. I was thrown every time. I can't explain what you (doomboy) saw, but I'm pretty convinced, just as I was before humouring you, that double command throw escapes don't exist :)

__
    m y k e

9. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Well I should be seeing SummErs tommorow so I'll try and pull it off with a witness present,if I don't post tommorow just assume that I'm feeling very embarrased indeed but the frames I posted yesterday were the real deal and fairly easy to replicate so If I didn't think it would work I never would have posted it,the backlash from Clopin alone is enough for me to never post my theories again.

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Yeah well...better explain to me what u guys are blahing abt...
    like I told ja b4....I cannot understand anything that is explained online...too technical for me to figure out

SummErs' 'FINISHED MA EXAMS FASTER THAN LIGHTING!!!'

11. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

mmm, interesting. I never had someone comfirmed that double command throw escape does NOT exist. I personally don't have a chance to try it since I am so d**n alone, no VF buddy what so ever to try with. But I do have a friend who plays it a lot (he is in East Asia area), he never told me double command TE does not exist. But he said somehow they (he and his many opponents) usually only use regular DTE which is a regular throw plus a command throw escape.

I heard Guard Throw Escape exists but is very hard to pull out in real battle... I think. There are much more things that will increase your winning chance more than GTE does. But it is fun to do it anyways!

12. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Okay I personally GUARANTEE that you can at least use the method I mentioned against Kage f,p+g b,p+g mix ups but ONLY as a GTE you can't set throw random then just walk up and do f,b,p+g and hold guard don't ask why but you can't,I set the CPU training at level 9 then I play as PAI and do f,f,k then the GTE I mentioned,he won't do f+p+g every time but I'm possitive if you do exactly what I say you'll see it within 5 minutes (I've tried this against other characters throws and I can't get it to work :( only on Kage and only against f+p+g but I have gotten this MANY times.someone test it PLEASE!!! do exactly as my command inputs say and ONLY as a GTE

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

the backlash from Clopin alone is enough for me to never post my theories again.

Don't worry about him, he's just trying to get some back after the dodglet incident ;)

__
    m y k e

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'm not even gonna bother to try out this move...
    I've already forgotten the timming for normal double escapes!

Even Shun is better than me in that area......
    So yeah, if it does works...well..good for whoever is learning it

SummErs' 'Taking in cancer cells wayyyyy too much'

15. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

where's my diagram, bitch!

// clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

here you go, cracker:

<pre><font face=courier>
    (__|__)
    </font></pre>

BTW, Doomboy, any progress on your double command escapes?
    __
    m y k e

17. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Read my response to NXWs post and do EXACTLY what it says CPU training level 9 PAI vs KAGE,and only as a GTE,but it does work like this I've tried playing as sarah today but I couldn't do It and I can't get this tactic to work with Pai against any other f or b P+G mixups,I tried against Jacky f,b+P+G and it would only reverse his f,f,p+g even though b+P+G is the command that appears on the screen.So when you tried the trick who did you play as?,wanna spare a few minutes to confirm this theory? I'm POSITIVE this time,PAI vs KAGE! OK?.:)