1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

guard throw escape

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Nov 1, 2001.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I never used this move b4. Is it in VF4? Is it done by x+P+G, release P? Read it in some Japanes board so it is probably in VF4. I think this is really useful so I will probably make an effort to pick it up.

2. koro128

koro128 Well-Known Member

Yo man! i used $20 to play you today leh. how bt u?

3. alantan

Less than $20 I think but not much less...

My Lion still have many rough edges. I just realised I did not did a single dodge with Lion today. mmm... that is really bad. must dodge that forward sommersalt kick of yours.

4. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Uh? I thought you say Saturday then can play? =)

5. koro128

koro128 Well-Known Member

Actually my sommesault kick can be broken if u do a high rising kick if i'm not wrong.

I fail badly in blocking ur combos follow by pounce :( very bad......

See u in Bugis Sat.

6. alantan

got special permission today :) but I may be going down to Bugis tomorrow. wonder is anyone going down. Is the broken machine fixed yet??

7. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Kekeke...special permission? Dunno whether the machine fixed already or not, havent played since last Sat, but I might be going down to Bugis tomorrow.

8. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

got special permission today :) but I may be going down to Bugis tomorrow. wonder is anyone going down. Is the broken machine fixed yet??

<hr></blockquote>

They don't fix buttons @ Bugis; the mechanics say they don't have new buttons. Would you believe that? So far they've just been trying to adjust the wires beneath the buttons and see if some miracle happens & they start to work again. *applauds*

Andrew & I might be going down but he hurt his joystick hand just now in a road accident, so maybe not. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

9. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    You guys are the kings of going off topic...

Anyway, Guard Throw Escape is in VF4, as are Escape TE Guard, Attack TE Guard, and Reversal TE Guard.

The black book talks about these moves. I think the execution is the same as before.

Spotlite

10. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    how about R-DTE?, R Double command TE?

CrewNYC

11. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Anyway, Guard Throw Escape is in VF4, as are Escape TE Guard, Attack TE Guard, and Reversal TE Guard.

<hr></blockquote>

Huh? I know about TE Guard and Escape TE Guard, but is Attack TE "Guard" and Reversal TE "Guard" even possible? Don't you simply mean Attack TE and Reversal TE? How can one tack on Guard after ATE & RTE? Clarify yoself my nigga...

12. Seismo17

Seismo17 Member

could someone please explain this technique a bit more, i've never heard of it before, when and how do i use it???

thx
    TimBo

13. alantan

I have heard of it but never used it. I THINK the TE guard means entering the throw escape DURING your recovery time and releasing P b4 you recovers and hold guard so the throw motion do not come out. Am I correct??? I still cannot do this when playing. getting old, hard to learn new tricks.

14. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    oops, ATEG was a type-o. I used to do RTE-G by putting in the TE during the missed rev. animation, then release P. Or during heavy recovery. I haven't done it at VF4 yet, so I'm not sure it's there positively, but the black book talks about rev. TE.

Sorry for the confusion.

My friend tetsuya just told me he does rev. DTE, but sure about guard

spotlite