1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Guess what?

Discussion in 'General' started by FatalRose, Aug 8, 2008.

1. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

My little borther went to a game store in upland today (M&M Games) and bought three games and was about to buy VF2 for the Saturn but was kinda hesitant due to him spending decent amount of money already. The owner decided to just throw it in for free! So now I can play VF2 on my Saturn once again! Been so many years.

By the way I also have it on the PC and if anyone can help me figure out how to get my 260 arcade stick to work properly with it let me know so we can play a few games.

2. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

3. FatalRose

Yeah I have that and it works well for emulators but I can't seem to get it to work right for VF1/2 for the PC.

4. ShinobiFist

What seems to be the problem? Buttons don't configure well, or you get delayed?

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You propably cant, but I hear VSHG or other PS3 stick works on PC just fine.

6. FatalRose

Buttons seem to automatically configure in place I don't want them to and it wont recognize the stick, so basically I can't move my character.

Thanks for the info Maru.

7. ShinobiFist

If you have a flight stick, see if the game detects it. I remember I had a similar issue in the past(DOS days)That could be the problem, if your character move with the flight stick, try to change it your "Controll Settings" .....But I remember using the Saturn Pad via usb adapter with no problem. Hmmm......*Your going to make reinstall VF2* LOL. I'm going to try my HORI and VSHG.

8. FatalRose

Yeah, lets see if anything cna be figured out. :)

9. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Apparantly, you need a special profile for the Hori 360 stick to work properly on PC. It should be out there somewhere.

10. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

I haven't set one up myself... but I have lots of friends that use a Hori EX2 for playing GGPO and stuff on their laptops. Supposedly it's really, really easy to setup.

11. ShinobiFist

Okay, I see the problem. I borrow a PS2 joystick, hooked it up via usb(Adapter)and no problems. But, from my limited test run, my VSHG and HORI, was detected as a keyboard at times, so tonite. I'm going to switch to keyboard settings and see what happens. Again, this happen to me in the early NEORAGE days. BTW fellas, he has the proper drivers install(I think)to use the stick on his PC(EMU's and such)He's trying to use it for VF2 PC. Like I stated the buttons and everything works fine(I could move some times)But is not perfect yet.