1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[Gx2] VF5 Observations

Discussion in 'General' started by supergolden, Jul 16, 2006.

1. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Nammy and I will post our random VF5 observations in this thread...

The game was released at the beginning of last weekend out here in the country side... Every night I've been to the arcade there are about 10 people playing / watching (which is quite good considering there hasn't been any VF action at these places in months)...

Lots of people seem interested in vf.tv... They watch it and are entertained as if it was real TV...

You can't put up messages after a fight like you could in VF4...

I'm not sure if trophy logos are shown for top three in the arcade anymore...

Akira is a pig... yoho, p, 43p, doublepalm is easy as hell to pull off and delivers big damage...

Shun seems to be much stronger with his new stance, a new throw that can leave opponents sideturned, and his K+G also leaving opponents sideturned...

El Blaze is a lot of fun... His 8p+k can be good at eating low punches but he is vulnerable during execution and a MC will send him flying...

I'm currently the highest ranked El Blaze registered in Ishikawa Prefecture... go me /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kage's new stance is very powerful and I think more useful than jumanji...

Sega is distributing small "Command Books" which lists all the moves for the characters... They are available for free at arcades with VF5, and also in the latest Arcadia...

-Alex

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [ QUOTE ]
    supergolden said:

Akira is a pig... yoho, p, 43p, doublepalm is easy as hell to pull off and delivers big damage...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't say things like this! PhoenixDth is gonna have a field day now. /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

[ QUOTE ]
    supergolden said:

[/ QUOTE ]

emh Pig is good or bad? ._.'''

From hf-tv and the other situated ones, I have not seen many vids of akira

4. supergolden

By "pig" I mean very strong and powerful...

Jacky's 4k+g can cause the slam bounce effect... it happened to me a few times if the move hit while I was in the air (not during a combo)... I havn't seen it used in a combo yet...

-Alex

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    How is that Akira's Yoho bounce juggle damage in compare to "old" variations, like P>FC f+P>FC bf+P? From beta vids this old ones seems to be stronger, but how is it now?

6. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

"Sega is distributing small "Command Books" which lists all the moves for the characters... They are available for free at arcades with VF5, and also in the latest Arcadia... "

All man,,, if you can ebay that shit,,i'd buy a couple.. you should put an auction for us droolers.

7. supergolden

If you get a side crumple then you can hit a slam-bounce to bring on the damage... In one of the recent clips Kage vs Kage clips on hk vf kage gets a side crumple, hits [6][6][P]+[K] for a slam bounce, then [P][4][6][P]+[K][P] for some easy damage...

With Jacky if you get a side crumple you can use [4][K]+[G] to get a slam bounce you can combo off of...

Jacky's [4][K]+[G] seems too slow to use to get a slam bounce off during an air combo... I tried to get a slam bounce using [6][P]+[K] instead without any luck...

I don't think it is as easy to get a slam bounce from a back crumple... perhaps there are more damaging alternatives...

Kage's [4][K]+[G]'s (hit throw) range is very short...
    I've won rounds soley by abusing his new stance... Nobody expects the low double sweeps... If they catch on and start dodging his lunging swipe you can hit [P]+[G] for the catch throw... The lunging kick can stagger, once I hit that into the DPC (opponent didn't recover in time)... ouch!

On a side crumple only the first two hits of the DPC will connect...

-Alex

8. Cheax

Cheax New Member

Do you know where I can find a location where a VF5 is?

9. foda500

foda500 Member

So far is it better than VF 4?

10. Taiyoken

Taiyoken Member

I'd say. Haven't you seen any gameplay videos? Well, I haven't played the game so I can't say but at least it looks stunning! (especially compared to VF4...!)

11. supergolden

You actually can use Jacky's [4][K]+[G] to spike the opponent during air combos... Against light weights like Pai and El Blaze I could do combos like [3][3][K]~[6_][P]~[6_][P]~[4][K]+[G] (spike)~[6][6][K]...

You can now find VF5 in arcades across Japan...

-Alex

12. supergolden

You can select one of your cards to be your "main." You rank up more quickly when playing as your "main" character...

-Alex

13. chewyitat

chewyitat New Member

he is very cool