1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hands on VF4 Evolution Impressions

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 15, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'm still fuzzy on what's really happened. Reports say elbow-BACKFIST is gone, sort of implying JUST the backfist is gone. You're saying there's a new jann lee looking punch, and that there's no elbow at all for jacky.

So which is correct?
    Does he have no elbow at all, and no equivalent?
    Does he have a jann-lee looking punch that works like an elbow, so it's like new animation for an old move?
    Or is there an elbow but no backfist?
    Or is there an elbow and a new jann-lee animation for the backfist?
    ehehe, ok, lemme shut up.

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Sorry to confuse you, CreeD, but I personally have never found Jacky very interesting (since VF1) and as such, have never played him, so can't comment -- I'm sure my Engrish isn't helping either. I wrote that last post pretty late at night, and I'm tired as hell.

It *LOOKS* like the [P][P][6][P] elbow is still there, but [6][P]is not. From the looks of it, Jacky DOES look like he'd be a lot more fun to play. He looks a bit more like he has a 'style'. Some of his new combos, I must admit as a Jacky-hater, are pretty kewl. I think Jacky's are going to have to work a bit harder than before.

Also, Lau has a bunch more throws, so I think on that note, he might be a bit harder. I didn't see any of Jacky's new throws, if he has them.

3. GaijinPunch

Update:

I went for another game or two tonight. Chibita was there, so I was feeling like, "Great, not going to learn ANYTHING tonight besides what an ass-romping feels like". Anyways, he lost to a mediocre at best Kage. Hehe. On that note, his Lion had a kewl item, as did a couple of other people, so let's take a look.

Chibita's Lion: Had a pair of roller blades hanging from his belt -- yeah, you HAVE to have those when you fight, right?

Vanessa: A knife hanging to her side. Of note, this was the 1P character -- you know, the one w/ the tits, that usually doesn't have weapons.

Lau: GOOFY fucking Scooby-doo haircut. Man, it was the goofiest thing. You remember that band The Inspiral Carpets? It looked like that, only greased down and straight. Hmm... strange-ola.

My friend is registering my cards tonight, so I can see if maybe I got something good, as I've one a few items.

4. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

How is Akira's new [3]+[P]+[K] motion?

5. GaijinPunch

Well, I don't play Akira, but that's the low fist that takes a second to wind up, right? If so, then it's been replaced with one that has a similar affect apparantly, but winds up from the top, and is more like a 'strike'. I think it leads into an elbow on block, or [6][6][K][K] on counter.

6. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

So, they change the motion a bit...

I've heard the timing for crouch dash buffer moves are changed
    I guess they want to make Akira a bit more difficult to use /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

[Q] Seiyuu list

Though both new chara in VF4 Evo are male, does anyone here happen to know who are their voice actors?

(BTW, if anyone here still plays DOA3, Fluke's DOA3 Booster Hack Page at
    http://doa3.clanpages.com/hack/doa3.html
    is interesting.)

8. GaijinPunch

Re: [Q] Seiyuu list

No idea, although Goh's voice isn't bad. Haven't been able to make out any of Brad's yet.

9. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Actually, do the two new chara speak Japanese or English?

If they speak English, then I'll not be too interested in their seiyuu after all. 8b

10. GaijinPunch

Goh, being Japanese, of course speaks Japanese. Brad, from what I know, is Engrish.