1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy, bouncy people

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by ghostdog, Mar 20, 2001.

1. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I was watching the bouncing Aoi mpeg (poor Aoi). I was really impressed with that mpeg and the others that show OTB combos, especially the Lion vs. Taka video. But I can't seem to get in a few extra hits OTB. I've tried it on Akira's stage with different characters (Lau, Lion, Akira, Aoi), and I tried it on Aoi and Taka. I don't get the same result.
    I am able to get a hit OTB with Akira's Double Fist Strike (b, f P+K), but it happens rarely. Recently I did an ST on Taka and followed it up with a DJK, and hit Taka with a bodycheck OTB, but that's it.
    Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i didn't understand what you were asking for at first glance, but i now realise that you are basically asking for a list of moves that can hit on the bounce.

obvious ones:
    kage: f,f+k
    lion: d+k,k
    sarah: d/f+k+g
    jacky can play around with d/b+p,k
    taka: d+k
    shun: the infamous d+p+k, p+k, p+k
    jeffry: d+k+g
    wolf: short shoulder and d+k
    aoi: d+k+g or f+k,k
    akira: d+k
    pai: d/b+k+g or f,f+p, etc.
    lau: d/f+p+k and b,b+p combos

can someone less lazy than myself please make a more comprehensive list...? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It's all in the timing!

ice-9

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

ghostdog: were you specifically talking about lion and akira?

my obvious OTB thing was my little 'contribution' to the 'help the newbies' thing that has surfaced quite recently, in the mould of ice-9's thread about sarah's okizeme/ura options. that isn't to say that i think you (GD) are necessarily a newbie to the game.

5. ghostdog

No, I was talking about all of the characters. I was successful with Lion's d+K, K and Akira's ST, DJK, and bodycheck OTB.

But you really helped with the list. Thanx

6. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

"...I tried it on Aoi and Taka. I don't get the same result."

- each character fits into a weight class. the weights of the characters can be found somewhere on this site (in the astro or war section). certain combos can only be done on certain characters, so those whacky shun/lion vs taka combos you have seen certainly won't work on aoi (or anyone actually).

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised at the number of moves that can hit an opponent off the bounce. Pretty much any decently quick move that hits low to the ground will do. It depends on how your character bounces.

ice-9

8. ghostdog

Does terrain have anything to do with OTB combos? The OTB combos I've seen happen on flat stages, like Akira's dojo, Taka's ring, or Sarah's train station (imagine that, she owns a train station!)

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It sure does. It makes some OTB combos easier to do (or harder depending on your perspective I guess). But it almost always changes the timing required.

ice-9

10. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    try these with akira vs taka:

break guard, f,f+K,P,b,f+P+K
    break guuard, f,f+K, b,f+P,bodycheck (i think this one is open stance only)
    RBC, SDE,d+K,SJK,bodycheck
    RBC,SDE,d+K, DLC

SE,SDE,yoho,DLC (SDE counter hit)
    SE,SDE,d+P+G twice,knee(SDE counter hit)
    SE,SDE,f+P+G,crouch dash low punch twice,knee(SDE counter hit)

against everyone else

RBC, SDE, B,B,F+P+K (the chouzanhousui requires a small backdash to hit OTB, hence the B,B)
    RBC,SDE,SJK otb

spotlight