1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

happy fun fact time

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Nov 21, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

::wolf's TT d+K recovers high...although actually i'm pretty sure that it was changed in TB and now recovers low::

Rich: Wolf's TT d+K, which is done from standing still recovers high in TB; however, his TT D+K (i.e. done from a crouch) recovers low. Some confusion can occur, because if he does a TT df+K from standing (where f is the direction he's facing), then the low recovering TT D+K comes out instead.

Imashrom

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: happy *Shun* fact time

Well, I don't know.

Before, the best way to nullify all of Shun's major offensive attacks was through RDE (or RTE), which wasn't always very useful as sometimes there is not enough time to reverse, and also because Shun still has a f+P+K and u+K combo.

If you're REALLY good, you can always attempt a GDE (guard cancel double escape), which would nullify chouwan, P+G, and SE, but this is extremely hard to do.

If the SE -> chouwan is really escapable, now all I have to do is E -> guard cancel escape P+G throw (relatively easy) and immediately crouch dash, which for all practical purposes, should be the equivalent of anticipating an SE from Shun. This way, there is no need for me to fear chouwan, P+G, SE combo, sidekick, or u+K, only f+P+K. And if you take the E out, and just do guard cancel escape P+G throw, I'm sure you have enough time to see the f+P+K and stand up.

ice-9 | Sennin

3. Guest

Guest Guest

::Not to be a pest about it, but I would like to elaborate, as well as some disagreements. 1) All Characters (except Akira and Taka)
    High rising kick Face-down, head toward the enemy, rolling forward (away from the enemy).Even though this is high rising kick, it recovers low.:

Not to be a further pest about it, but either Shota or the mook appear to have made an error. Face-down, head toward the enemy and rolling away from the enemy does NOT recover low. However, FACE-UP, head toward the enemy, and rolling away from the enemy, does recover low (except for Taka/Akira). It's a mule kick.

::2) All characters (except Akira and Taka)
    In-place Low-rising kick, no delay
    Face up, feet toward the enemy.
    If blocked, situation becomes same as when you block other low-rising attacks (though guaranteed elbow is hard to connect). However, if whiffed, it recovers HIGH, so high-throw becomes possible.::

For what it's worth (probably not much), if these low rising kicks hit for damage (not just whiff), they still recover high. And there are other low rising kicks that recover high as well.

Some more rising kick fun facts. It seems that Sarah and Jacky do not have a low rising kick when rising in place (without a delay) when face-up, head towards the enemy. Trying to do a low attack just gives the same result as tapping K -- you get a handstand kick that hits mid-level. Does anyone (Mike Chuang?) know if the mook addresses this? Maybe I'm missing some sort of trick?
    Also, despite what's been reported in the past, not all rising attacks do 20 points of damage. Taka has one that does only 15 points ("high" rising, in place with no delay, face-up, feet towards), and Lion has one that is a double kick and can do 20+20 damage ("high rising," in-place with no delay, face-down, feet towards).

Regards, Imashroom

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Sarah and Jacky have had this "problem" since VF1. Pretty much no trick to it except DON'T DO IT! Seriously, 9 times out of 10 it's blocked and your opponent has forever to throw you. That's why quite a few folks dodge to the head on Jacky and Sarah, because for all intents and purposes it eliminates one of their rising options, since if you don't see them roll, you can just stand and block...waiting for them to do something stupid like tap K.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

::That's why quite a few folks dodge to the head on Jacky and Sarah, because for all intents and purposes it eliminates one of their rising options, since if you don't see them roll, you can just stand and block...waiting for them to do something stupid like tap K.::
    Is there any reason you can't just delay the rising kick? In this case, Sara/Jacky have both a normal "high" rising attack (no handstand) and a normal low rising attack. Standing and blocking won't work if you decide to use the delayed low rising kick.
    Imashroom