1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy New Year 2018

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jan 4, 2018.

By Myke on Jan 4, 2018 at 2:08 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    A little belated, but Happy New Years VFDC! Did you know that 2018 marks the 25th anniversary of Virtua Fighter? What do you think or hope this year might bring?

Happy-2018-Virtua-Fighter-5-Final-Showdown.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jan 4, 2018.

1. WolfKing
      WolfKing
      Hopefully we will have VF6 ha ha
      Happy new year VFDC!
      Technocrow, Kruza and Myke like this.
    2. JSM
      JSM
      That's an awesome picture! (& vanessa looks like a hooker)
      Myke likes this.
    3. def
      def
      Hopefully we will get something game related for this year since it is the 25th anniversary. The 20th anniversary, we just got a release of the series complete soundtracks.
      Myke likes this.
    4. Victor Campos
      Victor Campos
      I really hope SEGA surprises us this year!
      Myke likes this.
    5. masterpo
      masterpo
      I think this year my VF skillz will be a little better than last year.

Also I hope that somehow we'll have regularly scheduled VF room matches EST for PSN.

I'm skeptical that we'll see VF6 because in general because fighting games don't really fit the Games as a Service (GAAS) model, and VFer's in general would not fall for the microtransaction scheme so many greedy publishers have. It would be a shame to see a Virtua Fighter games burdened with microtransactions, loot boxes, play-to-win, or any of the other milk-the-gamer schemes that the greedy publishers are currently pushing on the gamers. I'd rather just continue the underground cult following VF has now :(
      WolfKing likes this.