1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Harada and Virtua Fighter

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 25, 2017.

By Myke on Jun 25, 2017 at 10:23 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    In a recent video interview by HipHopGamer, Tekken director and producer Katsuhiro Harada was asked if, given the opportunity, he would use Virtua Fighter characters in either a Tekken or VF-cross-Tekken game? His answer may surprise you.

The VF specific question is asked at the 10:15 mark.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Coroo
      Coroo
      oh snap i remember this on youtube a while a go i was shocked at first no one picked it up, i'm happy to see this interview is getting more folks look at it, it would be a pretty awesome idea if nacmo and sega did something like this. ^_^
    2. Stl_Tim
      Stl_Tim
      Pretty cool that he would even entertain that idea. Suzuki has touched so many lives w/his amazing creation. Still to this day, I crave playing all the time. I've never had another experience from a game quite like vf ever.

My wish list:
      Vf4evo/ft team for core mechanics programming.
      Atlus to create the look.
      Namco/Bandai to promote and back it.
      Sega just to sit in the background and collect royalties.

Thanks for the post and vid link, hopeful and inspiring.
      Coroo and ToyDingo like this.
    3. def
      def
      Could VF characters appear in Tekken 7? If so, I hope for Sarah, Sarah vs. Nina. That would be killer. Especially Sarah's voice actress used to voice Nina.
    4. DestructionBomb
      DestructionBomb
      They should put Akira in the game to show them guardbreak city.
    5. TheWorstPlayer
      TheWorstPlayer
      Cool so 2020 we in there?
    6. masterpo
      masterpo
      No man., obviously just my opinion, but I wouldn't want Harada anywhere near the directing chair for VF:eek: Hey he's welcome to play the game, and join the community, but his vision for Tekken automatically disqualifies him in my book. He had the chance when he first came up with Tekken, to answer the Virtua Fighter riddle, and what he produced was Tekken, and each successive tekken ( perhaps except 4) has moved further and further away from all things that make VF , VF!.

I've said this b4, notwithstanding a little tweaking here and there, maybe VF is as good as any fighting game can be with respect to the fighting engine. You can't please all the people all the time, so with that said VF's fighting engine is virtually (excuse the pun) perfect. Now there are features that can be added to the fighting engine, e.g. a much bigger single player experience, a bracket/tournament mode for offline two player mode. The ability for both players to use their own profiles in offline two player mode (i.e let me bring my character profile on a usb stick) , the ability to add your own custom music, and the ability to customize stages in single player or offline two player mode. The ability to make dural male or female with costume customizations!

But the fighting engine is for the most part as good as it gets, or a good as it can get. Sure somebody may want a little less tracking here, more side crumples there, a bigger window for TE, but that stuff is so subjective, for the most part the fighting engine is perfect. All VF needs is a PS4 version/ PC version. But what it does not need is Harada in the director's chair.

If you ask me, He butchered Tekken in the The Tekken 7 offering. From everything I've seen and heard Tekken 7 is a step down from Tekken 6. I'm glad Harada has respect for VF and enough respect to realize that we should never have VF characters in Tekken, and that what fans really want is more or a new VF. But I don't think he's the one to direct it. If anyone even had a remote chance it would be Team Ninja.
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    7. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      100% agreed with you masterpo.

And also no VF characters for Tekken, DOA, Smash Bros or whatever... go eat a banana Harada. People should stop asking for that, but for VF6 instead.
      Last edited: Aug 11, 2017