1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Harada talks VF in a Dengeki interview, says a Bamco reboot would never be accepted by the players

Discussion in 'General' started by Jotamide, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Not really if we're at least talking about Namco, meanwhile Panzer Dragoon and Streets of Rage were given to some small Mr.Nobody companies.

Tricky likes this.
  2. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I don't know where do you get the info that AM2 changed ? The main guys are still there including both directors of VF5 and they have the system ready. They still make stuff and I think they can still pull another VF.

Street of Rage 4 is turning out nicely. I'd not trust Harada or Namco with anything VF related. Just NO.

They will not pull it. They don't have it.

Edit : Tho I don't have a prove or anything to longer to about their abilities to do another main release VF game, the idea is that, the directors are there and they can form a team... Still would trust them more than Harada and his team. Nothing against Harada or Tekken really ( stopped bothering after 5, 7 threw me away completely).

3. gido

gido Well-Known Member

He's right. Team Ninja would be the one to do VF6 justice not Bamco.

And I'm taking anything away from Bamco but....just no. Don't get involved..:sick:

4. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Dude... Have you ever played Tekken?...

beanboy likes this.
  5. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Any more simplification and we would be playing Mortal Kombat. FS is the most simplified out of all the VF series...

6. ChiepTrash

ChiepTrash Member

Team Ninja is not bad, but the problem is that they're a Koei Tecmo division.

They would turn VF6 into a really nice looking shopping cart. Slow dripping your game for years while spamming DLC, the game itself is low priority & will always remain in an unfinished state. Sounds awesome

Tricky likes this.
  7. gido

gido Well-Known Member

Hey it sounds better than Sega atm :ROTFL:

8. Thesch28

Why not? Simpler inputs are always a good thing. For a new VF i would like to see VF4 mechanics, simpler inputs, and FS jumps.

9. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

VF4 had simpler input ?

Am I missing something here or weren't commands in VF4 (especially vanilla 4) more difficult to pull.

10. Thesch28

I want VF4 mechanics AND simpler inputs, i didn't say VF4 had simpler inputs, although inputs for some moves are simpler in VF4 compared to VF3 but that's not the point.

These are the changes i would like to see for VF6: i would like to see something similar to VF5 or VF5R which retain a lot of things from 4 (without throw clash of course), VF5FS like jumps, No streamlined movesets, remove lazy throws and add a MTE which only allows to escape 2 throws, being able to run when facing away like in the first 3 VFs, get rid of hard inputs, make hit throws bufferable instead of pressing the throw on hit, and of course make the game fast i don't know but to me FS feels a little slow.

Personally i don't like games which need a lot of execution but i don't want barebones/very limited mechanics either.

MadeManG74 likes this.
  11. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Bamco already have theirs fgs to handle, I don't see why they would do that. It's like asking Capcom to reboot Silent Hills while they already have their own horror games ips.

It's to Sega that should revive VF ip, no one else.

12. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    Many of us, have been saying the same thing, for years.

13. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

100% No. I would rather the game series die than go to Team Ninaj's horrible monetization strategy or have my dear Eileen turned into a friggin sex doll like the DoA characters are. Give it to Harada, please. My only worry with Namco is the online would be utter trash. Sega really did solve the online netcode issue for 3d games years ago out the gate.

beanboy likes this.
  14. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Hand VF6 to Namco, Tecmo, or Harada,.........?
    Definitely not.

And another thing, what's up with people wanting Harada, Namco, or Tecmo to make VF6? In the case of Harada, he's not bad, but people like to make Harada, look like some sort of fighting game guru saviour, and he's not. VF is better off, in the hands of someone, who wouldn't mess the game up.

Yeah. But in the case of namco, there are far worse things to worry about, than namco's online netcode.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  15. gido

gido Well-Known Member

But you dont have to give in to their strategy. If you like an outfit, buy it, if you dont, don't. Hell I like Sarah and Sega made Sarah trashy looking in VF3! Let alone we ourselves can make Brad Burns wear a speedo in VF5..

You're definitely gonna find more problems with Namco if Harada gets hands. And no Harada is no god or anything but publicity wise he's doing great, him and Mike Murray are the voice of Tekken. Sega needs to learn from the publicity aspect in that regard. DoA looks better than Tekken and plays more towards VF liking so it wouldnt be that hard to transition.

16. gido

gido Well-Known Member

I mean I would depend on Sega if they actually care..but they don't.

17. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

They care enough to have put the game into development a few times and cancelled it. Supposedly at least one time due to concerns about quality/innovation. Is the problem actually that they care too much?

beanboy and Tricky like this.
  18. Tricky

I need links bro. Is it true?

19. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I never heard about that.

I know that when they released VF5FS , both directors kinda said they will take a break and only come back with another one if they really think they can top 5 and add something innovative to the formula instead of just doing another one for nothing.

I never heard about them attempting and canceling it tho.

beanboy and Tricky like this.
  20. Tricky

If they canceled attempts to make vf6 I would be far more forgiving of sega's ability to make the next game good too.

beanboy and Ali like this.