Harada teasing VF character for Season 3 of Tekken 7?

Discussion in 'General' started by Adamay, Jul 13, 2019 at 4:35 PM.

1. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Cryptic message from Harada and people going nuts! What does it mean for the future of VF?

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer"

nothing it means nothing

3. Thesch28

Thesch28 Active Member

But...... What if........ Your're......... WRONG?

4. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
  5. SSfox

SSfox Active Member

Not interested much, but it can be cool. But i'd rather Harada focus in Tekken and Sega on brining VF in the map, but if this sh1t can bring interest on VF again well why not, even tho i don't think that's what VF necessarily need right now.

beanboy likes this.
  6. Jotamide

Jotamide New Member

All he's saying is that he had the chance to bring TTT to Dreamcast but chose the PlayStation instead and in hindsight, he made the correct choice. Somewhat related but the DOA Twitter account straight up said they will be unveiling their 2nd season pass for DOA6 on July 20th. If Mai came back, I hope Akira and the VF characters also have a chance.

7. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

It's obvious that Harada, was just replying to a question.

But if I remember correctly, I think Harada wanted to port, a special version of Tekken 3, onto the dreamcast. Something tells me that if he did, it would have looked cool.

As cool as VF characters in Tekken might sound, if Virtua Fighter characters did appear in tekken, eg. Jacky, or Akira, the sad thing is, they'll unfortunately, be watered down, toned down, not so indepth, overly basic, poor mans versions of themselves. Them appearing in DOA5, is a good example of this.

Also, the Tekken team, will have to super improve, the cartoony basic level gameplay of tekken, and make Tekken alot more realistic, by adding in real combat mechanics and stuff.

Eg. A proper dodge evade mechanic, a proper sidestep ability, the ability to crouch run, under your opponents moves, the ability to duck under an opponents high attacks and attack him, the ability to block an attack, and then immediately attack before your opponent can continue his/her attacks etc. and the list keeps going on, and on, and on, and on, and on. It's too much for me to write.

I remember playing the VF characters in DOA5. And I will admit, I was almost disappointed, with how watered down Akira, Jacky and Pai were. The reversals were nice though, and not too far from real life. But holy crap, they were dumbed down.:p

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 5:54 PM