1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Harada teasing VF character for Season 3 of Tekken 7?

Discussion in 'General' started by Adamay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member

Are you 10? Imma just ignore that wall of stupidity.

Putting guests in other games has worked wonders for SNK. If Sega cared just a tiny bit, I'd be nice to see VF guests anywhere at this point.

2. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Wall of stupidity? Anyone can verify what I said. Tekken tend to play like its firmware isn't updated. Actually do your homework before you open your mouth. I doubt you even play VF. Just another scrub on the hype train. Sit your punk ass down.

3. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

The roster of Tekken is boring af, too much clowns in this game.

Too much gimmicks, too much lows, too much 50/50, too much strings with mixup...

VF cast is too classy for other fighting games, whatever if it's Tekken or Dead or Alive.

I have good execution in Tekken but i don't want to play it anymore, i tried again with Season 3 but it's boring.

I want a new Virtua Fighter with ton of players, the only fighting game that really mind blown me.

VF has the japanese arcade feeling, this fighting game is unic and has the perfect gameplay.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    beanboy likes this.
  4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Clowns is the right word. And a salmon fish joke character, was apparently going to join them too.

But here's a big joke:

A fighting salmon fish character, was said to be apparently planned, to be in one of the previous Tekken games. But the idea was never finalised. And because of that, he never made it in.

Something smells fishy.:p

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  5. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I hate this guy's attitude....We get it your game has the biggest Evo presence... But that doesn't mean it's the best.

Why can't he be as nice as Ed Boon.. I mean MK has the biggest sales these days and he is still down to earth and has positive things to say for competitors and kinda never sound egomaniac about his games.

He was also looking down at the idea of including Kiryu in Tekken 7... Kiryu these days has surpassed the entire Tekken cast in popularity ( save Heihachi ?)

SEGA... Please do a VF6 and show this guy who is boss.

6. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    It's a gimmick

Tricky and beanboy like this.
  7. Being a fan of both Tekken and Virtua Fighter, VF going into Tekken would not mesh well. In terms of both implementation and fan response. Virtua Fighter fans would be disappointed that they didn't play identically to their original incarnation, while Tekken fans will be quick to notice the severe lack of aesthetic design that most if not all the VF cast suffer from, especially when put up against Tekken characters. I understand that most on this site are naturally going to be biased towards VF but you cannot tell me that VF's character designs hold a candle to virtually any Tekken design that aren't intentionally clown-like such as Dr. Bosconovich or Roger Jr.

An interesting thing to see would be AM2 reaching out and getting a guest character from Tekken, then adapting them to the VF engine. Someone who indicates that AM2 are willing to take risks in order to keep Virtua Fighter lively, such as Hwoarang or Jun Kazama.

8. Sonic The Fighters

Tekken characters are overrated af, and suck in comparison with Virtua Fighter characters.

I take Akira, Jacky, Kage, Goh ... over the Mishima

I take Wolf, Jeffry ... over the Kings

I take Sarah, Vanessa, Pai, Eileen ... over Nina, Master Raven, Ling, Lucky Chloe

I take Lei-Fei or Shun Di ... over Lei

I take Taka ... over Ganryu

I take Brad ... over Josie or Fahkumram

I take Lau ... over Leroy

Easy

AND ANYDAYZ OF THE YEAR !

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  9. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Hummm... Why can't people just respect VF for being different than Tekken when it.comes.to.character designs.

I prefer Tekken 1-3 designs to the gimmicky over the top silly stuff Tekken has been putting lately.

beanboy likes this.
  10. Just like I said in my comment, I'm going into this knowing that most people will be biased towards VF. Of course you would take every VF character over every Tekken character, you're not being objective.

While Tekken's story is extremely over-the-top, it is there to assist character development. The Mishimas alone have grudges, plots, and internal conflicts that encompass various cast members such as Bruce, Nina, Xiaoyu, Asuka, you name it. Different characters have varying degrees of love or hatred for each other and that has been iterated upon as the series progresses.

VF's current incarnation doesn't even have a story mode, and I've looked at the wikipedia entries to see certain characters' stories and they're as generic as you can get. El Blaze's entire motivation is that he's jealous of Wolf. We're given nothing else. Eileen wants to meet Pai Chan because she's a movie star, nothing more, even though they dropped the movie star aspect in VF5. AM2 simply puts the story on the back burner, and while that is their right, I have a right to call it out when it's clearly lackluster.

Ultimately, were AM2 to improve character designs past their bare minimum, VF would be much better off. If VF kept its mechanics identical and had flair rivaling Tekken, Tekken would lose a major advantage. But since AM2 simply will not take risks with their character designs, Tekken will keep that advantage. You can prefer VF fighters' visual designs all day but understand that there is a bias present with your way of thinking.

11. I'm not being disrespectful. In the same vein, why can't people respect Tekken's ability to not take itself too seriously and to be bold with character designs? Yoshimitsu's insane, constantly-shifting designs and turning Raven from man to woman are only a couple of examples, but the fact of the matter is Tekken will take risks with their designs while VF will not. VF's idea of risk is Jean Kujo, who basically has a slight variation of Vanessa's hair, a chain belt, and flamboyant pre and post-fight animations. Other than him and maybe Goh with his strange pale skin, VF plays it extremely safe when it comes to character designs.

gido and masterpo like this.
  12. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Hey., TBH I like Tekken character designs (when you can see them):ROTFL: For example. I'm diggin Leroy Smith's Wing Chun animations , BUT!!! there so many sparks and fizzes, clouds, and whirlwinds I can barely appreciate the awesome animations and character designs. I hate to beat a dead horse here, but all of the on screen pyrotechnics in a Tekken match obscure the character designs and animations, and stage designs. If I were one of the character designers/animators for Tekken I would be pissed that my designs get covered most of the time by all of the collision art that's in the game.:sneaky:

13. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    what are we trying to achieve here

Jotamide, beanboy and jimi Claymore like this.
  14. gido

gido Well-Known Member

Heck no VF and Tekken do not mix at all.

I would like it if they add VF guest characters in DoA6 instead. Maybe Wolf this time around. That would be dope. Seriously even the button scheme is easier on DoA. I dont wanna play Jacky using limb based buttons. That would be so weird...

masterpo likes this.
  15. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    NO I would not want to see any VF charcters in Tekken EVER:censored: (Except Dural)

Tekken would be a big step back and a step down for VF. On the other hand DOA is still respectable and makes a better cross over game. I would like to see some DOA characters in VF, e.g. Rig, Genfu, Mila, and Leifang

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  16. Sonic The Fighters

lol Tekken story is trash ...

Who "really" cares ?

17. beanboy

I find it rather interesting, that people strangely like to bash VF's character designs, but yet strangely, don't seem to admit the truth, that there is a section of the Tekken fanbase, that even up to this day, actually find that tekken's story has become utterly ridiculous, and find that the later character designs to be overedgy and silly.

Me, I think tekken's story was always kinda okay. Not great, but good enough. But after the cool tekken 3 story with ogre etc, the story kinda went downhill lame after that.:confused:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Tricky and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  18. beanboy

Don't forget Bruce Irving. The original Tekken Muay Thai kickboxer.:p

19. Sonic The Fighters

Brad is the shit.

Especialy for his entrances and win pauses :ROTFL:

20. You can think Tekken's story is ridiculous, but it works both ways. Just like you can claim the "truth", I can claim that many Tekken fans like the character designs and how both old and new characters' designs are kept fresh. It does not make sense to claim that modern Tekken designs are both "silly" and "overedgy" as those contradict each other. If they're overedgy, then Lucky Chloe, Josie, and Yoshimitsu's octopus iteration nullify your point. If they're silly, then Claudio, Shaheen, and Kazumi nullify your point.

While you are entitled to your opinion regarding Tekken's story, I would much rather have a fleshed out over-the-top story than a bare-bones, near nonexistent story like in VF. J6, the main villainous force of the story, never gets expounded upon. We have no idea why they used Vanessa as a base for Dural instead of Sarah, or why they care about the Bryants in the first place, or what the point of Dural even is, and the list goes on. At least there is coherent information about the Mishima Zaibatsu in Tekken's various stories.

gido likes this.