1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Harada teasing VF character for Season 3 of Tekken 7?

Discussion in 'General' started by Adamay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Lots of people do. Sales numbers back me up. Just because a story isn't the most critical element of a fighting game doesn't mean people don't appreciate when one exists with clear effort put into it. If VF delved into the machinations and motivations of J6 and explained WHY they're trying to eliminate everyone in the tournament by using Goh and Jean, or why they're obsessed with the Bryants, or what Dural's purpose is, or pretty much anything at all, VF would fare much better against Tekken in terms of story. As is, it simply doesn't.

gido likes this.
  2. gido

gido Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. VF's story of J6 is sooooo intriguing but they didnt do anything with it. It's really lost potential that Sega didnt care enough to give us any details on VF characters' story.

The anime itself is really good which surprises me that they didn't take full advantage of to include it in the games.

Like for every 3D fighter I can tell you a gist of their story.

Soul Calibur is about acquiring the Soul Edge and Soul Calibur weapons.

Tekken is about throwing your daddy/son off of a cliff.

Dead or Alive has a ninja storyline that I'm not too familiar with.

But Virtua Fighter doesnt give you anymore detail on Dural other than her being Kage mother/wife and thats from VF3. Seriously nothing else has been done to keep the story alive. It's sad. I really would've like the story of VF to expand..

3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you didn't seem to read, or understand my post properly. So no biggie.:cool:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  4. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member

The intelligent discussion train left the thread a long time ago.

Dreamboat likes this.
  5. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

People don't remember the stories , they DO remember the rivalries for most part.

Now, the MK team has done a good job in their games but I don't think VF will ever get to that calibre and get such a budget. It's still a ridiculous story mode at the end of the day anyway and it's the interaction between the characters that's really making it interesting rather than the stories themselves. People follow the stories for those games for their stereotypes and archetypes rather than the ridiculous story parts.

The funny thing is, VF's characters are very achetypical but they might need more fleshing out. They are iconic mind you as they have been consistent for years and years.

Now I don't think I'd care much honestly about getting a story mode and endings for the characters. And I like how a lot is left to my interpretations, Lau is an asshole father who wasn't good toward his daughter in other times, he is an old sick man who is staying true to what he believes in to the very last rather than seek redemption. I like my VF this way vs having silly endings.

Also, people underestimate how at the end of the day, gameplay is the most imp part of a fighting game. All the previous VF stood on having good gameplay. A story mode can as good as it can but it just lasts a few hours and then if your game doesn't play well, nobody would care.

Honestly, I understand people asking for characters endings and a bit of more story, but I am team keep it as think as it has always been and just push for more gameplay and pure VF awesomeness.