1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Boiled: The Greatest Action Movie Ever?

Discussion in 'General' started by imf, Mar 13, 2002.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

take a big guess which two DVDs i bought a few days ago!
    Even hard to specially order them hehe.

Ah the good old days when I actually looked forward to chinese movies.

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I personally liked Bridgette Lin's (I probably spelled that wrong) performance in Swordsman II. My introduction to Lin was through Wong Kar Wai's Chunking Express and Ashes of Time. Those who know me most likely know what a Wong Kar Wai nut I am. However, I usually don't classify WKW movies as action, but a good number of them do contain action scenes that appeal to me through the cinematography (I really like Christopher Doyle's touch to the WKW films).

Has anyone seen The East is Red?

-Chanchai

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"Bridgette Lin"

Man...I swear to god, the older she gets, the hotter she looks!

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Hey Summers, did you get them anyplace online? All I've got are some crappy VHS copies I recorded off LD some years back, I think it's time to replace them!

Chanchai, The East is Red isn't very good, although for completion's sake it's worth a view, otherwise it's nowhere near as good as the first two. Still has Ling Ching Hsia though, hehe.

Anyone have an mp3 of the song Xiao Ao Jiang Hu aka Hero of Heroes?

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I suppose I can buy them here n send em to u
    cheap...n works on all region DVD players too.
    ICQ me for any arrangements~