1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Counter to ECD & EDC

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Tricky, Jul 15, 2013.

1. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Me Too...
    Then a Back dash after the blocked first hit will keep you honest. We already had a thread about Giving up a +1 to +4 adv for EDC and the usages for it against high level players.. Seems to work pretty decent against robotic type players.. As far as Tricky goes.. you 900 number everything Advantage or Disadvantage. so convential ways of playing against you go out the window because you are always on the attack.. Mids keep you honest because you can 9k/9p over 2p attempts for big damage

Tricky likes this.
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Can you link us to that thread +1 to +4 thread? All I got to stop ECD from those adv is to just 66 2P or 66 g 6P.

3. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

SDS, I already mentioned that the high parts of strings should be 2P'd *until* the opponent baits them (at which point a new mind-game emerges.) However, 2Ping the high is keeping the *attacker* honest. There is no reason to respect highs in a string. The primary mind-game is CH mid vs throw. Using strings instead of those two options relies on your opponent letting you get away with them. And we all let people get away with them too much.

Mister likes this.