1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

harlow all pai players..pls help me...

Discussion in 'Pai' started by 22222, Mar 3, 2002.

1. 22222

22222 Active Member

btw....can any1 tell me how to enable pai to jump over an opponents back and in what situation can this be done?? N does d, f, p+g enable u to throw opponents who are crouching and standing? sorrie ...N d/f kick .....y does it sometimes stuns opponents and sometimes not?? in wat cases does it stuns?? thanks./...and does f+p+g reverse most punches high or mid?? thanks for answering my questions....

Post Extras:

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Please check out the general FAQ and read the Pai dojo on this site. You'll find that most of your questions have already been answered.

can any1 tell me how to enable pai to jump over an opponents back and in what situation can this be done??

<ul type="square">[*]If your opponent is on the ground you can use uf+K to jump over them.
    [*]If they are standing, use df+P+G a standing throw.
    [*]If they are crouching use f+P+K+G a crouching throw.[/list]

does d, f, p+g enable u to throw opponents who are crouching and standing?

It only works on standing opponents.
    VF4's commands are standardized:<ul type="square">[*]throws vs. standing opponents are done with P+G
    [*]throws vs. crouching opponents are done with P+K+G
    [*]reversals/inashis are done with P+K[/list]

d/f kick .....y does it sometimes stuns opponents and sometimes not?? in wat cases does it stuns??

I believe Creed already answered this in the other thread that you asked this question.<ul type="square">[*]sidekick vs. standing defender == block stun, Pai loses initiative, but can block any counter attack or stuff any throw attempt. (It's uncounterable as we use the term here.) This is a good time to try reverse/inashi~double throw escape.
    [*]sidekick vs. standing non-defender == hit stun, according to the blue book both players have equal initiative
    [*]sidekick vs. attacking opponent(interrupt/major counter) == Pai has all the initiative --> continue with another attack
    [*]sidekick vs. crouching opponent == stagger, you'll see the wiggle stick animation. Pai has tons of initiative, but nothing is guaranteed as the opponent can struggle to get out of the stagger quicker and you end up with a guessing game again. For example, if you stagger with Pai's sidekick and your opponent does not struggle a second sidekick will hit and knock them down. If your opponent struggles (not even that much, I think 3 direction taps are enough) the second sidekick can be blocked. If you're fighting someone that struggles and then blocks, dash in after the stagger and try to time a throw to correspond to the ending of the stagger animation.
    [/list]

does f+p+g reverse most punches high or mid??

f+P+G is a standing throw. Do you mean f+P+<font color=orange>K</font color=orange>?

Pai has both reversals and inashis. Reversals do significant damage and leave the opponent on the ground. Inashis do very little damage and cause the opponent to stagger giving Pai the initiative.
    <ul type="square">[*]b+P+K == reverses high punch/kick
    [*]db+P+K == reverses mid punch, elbow, knee, mid/side kick
    [*]f+P+K == inashi vs. high punch/kick
    [*]df+P+K == inashi vs. mid punch, elbow, knee, mid kick[/list]

Hmm... it's the first time I've noticed that df+P+K does not work against sidekicks... is that right?

Here's a direct link to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.virtuaproject.com:8080/virtuacode?pageID=movelist&xsl=virtuadot-4c&xml=vf4c-pai>Pai's movelist</a> at virtuaproject.

3. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

df+P+K does work against sidekicks and knees.
    If Pai inashi a sidekick, the opponent is pushed really far away.