1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

has anyone played beach spikers?

Discussion in 'General' started by gribbly, Oct 28, 2001.

1. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I'm really interested in more details on this beach volleyball game from AM2. It looks really cool, but I'm wondering how the controls work -- the camera seems to move around a lot...

Anyone had hands on experience? I was hoping it would be at that CA Robinson show, but it wasn't.

grib.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was at SVGL for quite awhile before they removed the machine. It's a pretty simplistic game, but... the gals are really yummy. I like the Italian team, in particular.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.feixaq.com/vf4>[​IMG]</A>

3. gribbly

I agree on the girls... I liked the brazilians :)

But how does it work? I've watched the movies and it looks kinda baffling. Does the 180 degree camera rotation swap your controls, or what? And what's with that target on the ground? Do you have to stand on that or something?

Well... I could understand if you can't be bothered answering all these questions, but if you can I'd appreciate it :)

grib.

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Um, it's been awhile since I played. When the ball gets spiked into your court, just move one of the gals into the circle, the closer to the center of the circle, the better. Then press the "dig" button (or whatever it is), then watch for a new circle to appear, get the other girl to that circle, press "set", then finally you'll see a power meter appear, the first girl will jump up to spike, and try to hit the button when the power meter is near 100%, and also you can move the stick left or right to aim where you want the shot to land.

5. vfbum

vfbum Well-Known Member

For some reason the explanation movie never appeared when I was looking for it...

But to elaborate on FeixaQ's post, the closer your lady is to the center of the circle when you hit the button for a set or bump, the greater the "maximum potential" is on the spike bar, which button you use and the timing may also have something to do with it.

Haven't figured out how to use the "spike aiming" feature, nor have I been able to successfully block a spike.

But thats all irrelevant, I play well enough to fulfill my eye candy quota.

6. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Team Portugal Baby!

Anyone else find the final level (the team in silver) is just so much harder than the final round?

-Jason

7. gribbly

ok thanks chaps... just curious... I haven't had a chance to actually play the game, but it looks fun. I gather it's not as deep as Virtua Tennis, then?

grib.