1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever tried using VF moves in a real fight?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chan415, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

Just wondering if you ever tried something you've seen in this game in a real life situation..

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

my friend tried to giant swing me when i was really small like 11 years old. The good thing is he didn't let go of my leg otherwise i will probably end up with instant KO.

It's really fun though, the wind blowing through ur hair and the super dizzy dizzy feeling.

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm, well, in competitions I've used side, roundhouse, back, and push kicks, basic hip throw....I did a tft once, guy has not come down yet...

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i bet alot of pple did jeff's u+k+g and flattened the opponent in RL /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

I tried Lion's Sabaki circular move, ends up being side-kick. Then, I used Jacky's Inashi, ends up my opponent fall on the floor. Why? Laugh until fall to floor... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Just a joke... practically, you should use straight punches, side-kicks, back-kicks and parry.

SG-Lion

6. MOMOMOMO

MOMOMOMO Member

not vf...but when i was playing doa2 i spent hours mimicing jann lees style.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I'ved used Aoi's P+K,P,P before, but it wasn't in a fight, and it wasn't against the face...heh heh...*ahem*

8. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

i've used Akira's m-ShRm...but that was in football; heh heh.

9. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: Have you ever tried using VF moves in a real life situation?

Just wondering if you ever tried something you've seen in this game in a real life situation.. Sure Chan, Lion's uf+P+G <font color=black>the bollocks on chin breast grab throw worked with a slight modification in the back seat of car with g-friend a few (cough) years ago.</font color=black> Whenever I have the opportunity to use <font color=white>uf+P+G</font color=white> against Sarah I think of steamy windows in the sedan. We have all seen Wesley Snipes use <font color=blue>Vanessa's Knee and Elbow</font color=blue> variations in the movies. Steven Segal seems to like <font color=red>Aoi</font color=red> movements and 'come hither' police variations of Aoi.

10. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

Re: Have you ever tried using VF moves in a real life situation?

Well when I fight i use the Muay Thai stance of Vanessa, and so does my brother, it's a very effective way to fight. Granted I can't fight as good as she does, but that's basically how I fight.

11. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

Not in a real fight...but when i was younger and totally crazed over Vf2 Akira's SpoD...
    i actually had a friend of mine to pose with me while we did a photo shoot of the SpoD..frame by frame....
    No prize for guessing who plays Akira here...

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

It's not a real fight, but there are some entertaining photographs of korean players doing VF moves irl at one of the clan pages. I can't remember the url but I have it mirrored at <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org>ftp://vf.dyndns.org</a>. I seem to remember one or two photos of regulars in the VF archive also.

13. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

sure, i've done a floating shlrm ~ p ~ shlrm ~ dbplm on my friend before, the only thing is that he done a quick TR and finished me off with a TFT float combo ending with a flip kick. once i went down, he sneaked in a bodycheck on the floor bounce.... then he asked me if i felt the real power and told me to go back to school, but i wanted a rematch, so we had to go all the way back to the character select screen....

14. LionRafale

LionRafale Member

I used a Jacky kick in my friends face because he was saying he was the strongest and all that stuff.Hehe...he fell down and i almost broke his jawbone...auch.
    Sorry Fabian.

15. LionRafale

LionRafale Member

But it was unfair because im a Karate and Tae kwon do trainer.Go Sensei!!!

16. Grinder

Grinder New Member

Yeah in when I was in High School some hispanic kid started shit with me, and pushed me a few times. I grabbed his arms pulled him in and gave him 2 knees followed by a really heavy knee that lifted him off the ground, I than grabbed the back of his head and elbowed him in the face. Got suspended for 3 weeks because of that, and his family tried to press assault charges on me, but since it was considered self defense they couldn't do anything about it. This was before VF4's time so shouting "Wanna fight again!" was out of the question.

17. fagan

fagan Well-Known Member

i once did the classic wolf back throw (suplex) on a friend ... I nearly killed him! Needless to say we never tried vf4 moves on each other again ...