1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Having trouble w/ Akira combo.

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Calvin, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

[2_][6]+[P]+[K], [P], [2_][6]+[P]+[K], [2_][4][6]+[P]. I can get it to come out perfectly, but the m-dblpm doesn't connect by a long shot. it comes out directly after the shldrm though. Any help?

2. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

forgot to tell you, i'm playing against kage.

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It's easier to get that combo when the shrm is a MC. I usually hold the first part of the modifier([1]) immediately after I do the shrm. Then after the shrm comes out, I do the rest.

Here's my method:
    shrm, P, shrm (hold [1] immediately after the second shrm), then just before it recovers, I hit [1], [4], [6][P] quickly. It's just like executing the dblpm in: ST, sgpm, m-dblpm. Some people do [3][3][4][6][P] for m-dblpm, but I like [1][1][4][6][P] because it's faster for me.

4. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

I think that Combo works only against light opponents

5. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

on the ultimate combo guide it said up to kage.

6. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

Okay..just tried
    The combo seems to work on counter hit only

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It also works on a counter hit against Lau. Against Jacky, substitute the first shrm with Yoho.

8. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

In Version C, this combo works on light weights with a regular hit and on MC, it works up to Jacky (although, it has to MC Jacky when he's standing).

9. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    One of the crucial things for me with this combo is doing the P-shoulder ASAP after the 1st shoulder, so that it pops them up high enough for the DblPm to hit. Just because the P-Shoulder hits, that doesn't mean you've done it fast enough.

Like someone else said, in Evo ver. A this only works with a counter hit against girls, so keep that in mind.

Spotlite