1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

HAYABUSA!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest, Jan 11, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

ok, quick little point i'd like to check

a lot of guides say that afters hayabusa's HCF+P+F you should always just finish the throw combo

as far as i know, it's 80 damage in total.

HCF+P+F -> QCF+P -> p,p,b+p(F) -> UB+K is about 83 damage.

come on, i'm sure he can do a lot more damage than that!!!!

anybody got any ideas

oh yeah, low punch counter -> B+P+K looks so damn sweet!!!! i love it!!!

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

personally, as a hayabusa player myself, i just follow through with the drop (most of the time). i think the reason this is recommended is because of the difficulty of combos such as the one you mentioned. as you know, the opponent is flung higher into the air than when kage does his TFT, but he also comes down much faster, increasing the difficulty of the sort of combos you seem to be after (the 80+points ones).

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It's almost always better to do the full drop. Most of the time you should be throwing opponents when they try to reverse anyway, and the damage is VERY good on high counter. You don't get the same kind of benefits from pulling off an attack combo from the TFT on a high counter throw.

Thus if it's a normal throw you can go for combos for more damage (if maximum damage is what you're going for) and for high counter throws complete the Izuna drop.

ice-9<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ice-9 on 2/8/01 02:54 AM.</FONT></P>