1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hell hath frozen over my friends

Discussion in 'General' started by Cause, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

2. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Replace the crappy Tekken or Mortal Kombat with Samurai Shodown and it would've been a pretty good poll

3. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

ahhhh checked out the link and it's true! off topic>>>:: the pic in the data window has a pic of ghaleon!!!! the same villain in my sig... oh well don't know if anybody in these forums know of the rpg lunar.

4. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Rightfully so, I think we all agree.

I'm somewhat surprised though, as I thought Soul Calibur had more of a mainstream following than VF. Seeing Tekken so far behind is also shocking, where did all the casual mashing scrubs go?

Overall a pleasing result, though I'd personally rank Street Fighter second.

5. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Seeing Tekken so far behind is also shocking, where did all the casual mashing scrubs go?

They went to Jacksonville, Florida, where there are five arcades with one Tekken 4 machine in each, and no VF4 whatsoever./versus/images/icons/mad.gif

6. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Nah, it'd be more shocking if this was a GameFAQs poll. If I recall correctly, more people there were anticipating MK5 than VF4.

7. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Hmph....

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Ignorant casual gamers are to be expected...but what's shocking is the number of posters at the GA forums knowing only bits and pieces of various fighting games but passing themselves off as experts. What's disturbing is that people who don't know any better are buying it tooth and nail...largely because no one who knows better bothers speaking up...I know I didn't. No offense to the GA crew...Jim and boys generally rock.

Comments about DOA...Tekken...VF...most of them are garbage.

9. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Street Fighter better than Soul Calibur? Bah! You're insane

10. LiQuid_Fists

LiQuid_Fists Active Member

SF is wicked.. but SF n SC r like Apples n Oranges..
    cant compare em.. but i myself like SF3:3S better than ANY other fighting game...

11. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

sf3-3rd strike is my fave sf game. i have a nice makoto, but there isnt a machine here unfortunately.

12. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

ph34r hugo gaishou =)

13. gaishou

think i may go play 3s now on my dc......./versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Insane? Not at all. One should not underestimate how far Street Fighter has come. 3:rd Strike is among the very best fighting games I've ever played, and my second favorite one.

Keep in mind that the poll read 'best fighting game series'. Two games.. does that even make a 'series'? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Never mind though...

The problem with SF3 and 2D Fighting games in general is that (some) people seem to think that they're simple in execution. While this may be true in alot of SNK's offerings (don't flame me) I'd say that capcom's SF Alpha and 3 are proof of the opposite.

I'm not saying SF3 and SC are comparable in complexity (heck, I'm not saying they aren't either!)
    I just want to point out that one is by no means 'insane' if prefering SF3.

/Mirkan

15. Rary

Rary Member

I can't believe Fatal Fury is in last position.

Okay, so I CAN believe it, but it still sucks. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

16. gaishou

fatal fury along with most other snk games didnt seem to make it here. in fl at least. dunno why. there was a time when art of fighting, kof, and samurai showdown were here, but that was in like 93.......anyone remember WORLD HEROES????

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Actually..I do remember World Heroes..
    esp Rusputin...
    I cringe whenever the image of Rusputin's win pose comes to my mind /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

18. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Mmmmm, World Heroes. Gotta love the era of amazingly blatant SF knockoffs.

19. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

SF3 3rd Strike

is VERY yummy. Best 2d fighter ever IMO. I love it.
    Too bad my copy of the game was stolen /versus/images/icons/frown.gif.....

20. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

" The problem with SF3 and 2D Fighting games in general is that (some) people seem to think that they're simple in execution. While this may be true in alot of SNK's offerings (don't flame me) I'd say that capcom's SF Alpha and 3 are proof of the opposite. "

They're just simple period.