1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello again,

Discussion in 'General' started by BlueFlash, Jul 25, 2001.

1. BlueFlash

BlueFlash Active Member

In my last post I asked if anyone practices martial arts,...so do any of you guys practice martial arts?

2. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

I practice the painting arts. Does that count?

Let's see Bruce Lee handle a paintbrush.

-----
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How the elephant got in my pajamas, I don't know."
    -- Groucho Marx

3. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

I don't practice martial arts - yet. But I am planning on joining the local ki-aikido dojo here in Copenhagen, they have a new beginner's course starting in about three weeks. I'm really lookng forward to it.

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I'm a "retired" judoka. I just couldn't justify the ammount of injury and the effect it had on my work (tattooing).

But I love judo, and think practicing marital arts, at it's best, is great for people.

Spotlite

5. Chrisdaggimoh

Chrisdaggimoh Member

I've done martial arts on and off for the past 12 years: Judo for 4 years, then northern chinese kungfu (chin woo) for 3 years, win chun for 1 and a bit, I've dabbled in Tae Kwan Do, but now I'm doing Capoeira.
    Doing a variety of martial arts is nice, because you learn to recognise the moves you practice in the dojo being done by Kage, Akira, Kazuya, Eddy Gordo, Ling Xiaoyu. The thing I've noticed in virtua fighter compared to tekken is that I find myself recognising more moves in Tekken as typical of certain martial arts, than in VF - what would you guys say?
    Maybe Lei Fei will change things...

6. BlueFlash

BlueFlash Active Member

I noticed that 5 of the styles in Virtua FIghter are based on Chinese martial arts (I guess 6 now, although Lei Fei is wushu), and unless you practice at a traditional school, many of the moves won't seem familiar. Akira especially, because bagua is difficult to use for fighting application unless the practitioner has had years and years of experience,...and I like Akira in a character sense, representing the internal kung fu! haha,...Jeffry's style is more popular in Japan and Europe, as they have Pancration(spelling?) tournaments year round.....Wolf is obviously WWF, Sarah and Jacky are Jeet Kune Do practitioners, so whatever is effective for them works,...haha,....As for Aoi and Kage, I don't know about Japanese martial arts, but since its Sega, then they must be accurate about that, c'mon now, made in Japan,....From Yu Suzuki's desription Vanessa may be some Strong-ass woman using Jeet Kune DO but with more grappling, oh well she'll be the bomb, haha
    As for Tekken,...(Blah),.....Sifu Phillip Wong was the model for that Jackie Chan type character,....Eddy is Caporeira(spelling?) obviously, Xiao Yu looks like northern Eagle to me, as for the many others, I dunno~,... am I hating on Tekken? YEs! hahaha