1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello!! I am relatively new to VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Nov 12, 2001.

1. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am relatively new to VF4 but I have been a vf fan for some time now. So far I have been playing Akira and Lau. I'm in Orlando, FL and we just got our machine last week.
    If anyone has any advice on combos, moves, or anything relative to the game or tournaments, I would appreciate it.
    Regardless, how is everyone and what are your thoughts on VF4 so far. I'm really impressed.

2. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

my advice would be to look up the character specific threads posted here. a good example is "kage's elbow", "sarah combos" and "vanessa". if u have time browse the past month's posts and i garuntee that u will find useful stuff. as to my thoughts, vf4 is THE best fighting game out there right and i daresay 5 years later. tata =)

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

PLay around, find a character you like, and specalize - heavily. Play this game like you would train to compete in a major event.

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm from Jacksonville, Florida. How's VF4 being recieved in Orlando?

I don't really have much to add in terms of advice, but you should try and download a few clips, once you've read the faqs and other info. For me, movies show how the game is played at a high level, and you might see a technique or two that you might not see playing against mostly casual gamers.

I hope you get a lot of competition, it makes VF a lot more interesting.

It's nice to see another Floridian post on this board, and welcome to VFDC.