1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help a beginner...Jacky BT question...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Reijim, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Reijim

Reijim Member

Hi,.
    i just started using jacky yesterday... anywayz he is nasty...
    and there was this trick i was trying to do...
    i'm not sure if it's of much use... anway i first do b,b+K to get Jacky into backturned and then i do f,f and Jacky moves towards the opponent with his back Facing the opponent, den i tried to do his u/b+K flipkick to get behind the opponent.. he did do the flipkick.. but didn't quite land behind the opponent..

So anyway.. is this actually useful? or issit just some useless crap that looks fancy...
    do u need to have good timing for all the moves to join accordingly also or issit easy?
    maybe it'll be good for okizeme on downed oppoents.... hopefully they'll whiff their rising attacks...
    and which other characters got some stuff like this?

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

sup. CreeD posted details on interesting Jacky behind back stuff ... as did kbcat a few weeks ago. go to <font color=white>search</font color=white> ( icon above)feature and experiment with this for mucho good jacky info newbie. check out link in media section for interesting Jacky movies recently posted from contest that lasted two days with over 100 participants from hardcore VF Clubs.
    throw->hop-> etc. Blind Beat Knuckle, P+G, is amazing Jacky TT attack( see move list frame rate data).

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

There aren't many places where this could be useful, but the kickflip DOES hit behind jacky, so sometimes doing this might really surprise an opponent by stuffing their move.

Another trick for backturned kickflips. Let's say the opponent does some kind of surprise-exchange type throw (where you get turned backwards). If they like to do an attack that rushes forward afterwards, sometimes the kickflip will avoid the attack and get behind the opponent. It's hard to say where this will be useful. Maybe if Kage does f+P+G, d/f+K+G. Then again maybe not, ouch.

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

The timing isn't that hard, you just need to buffer each move in during its previous move. Otherwise Jacky will turn to face his opponent.

b,b+K (turn around)
    f,f (enter this in during the TA kick's animation) (you could also crouch dash if you want)
    ub+K (enter this in during the dash animation)

If you like messing around with your back exposed to your opponent, check out Jacky's P+K,P,K combo.