1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! - Broken Buttons!

Discussion in 'Console' started by HighKing, May 22, 2002.

1. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

I was wondering if I can replace the buttons on the ASCII FT2 stick with the competition buttons from happcontrols.com? Anyone?

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I've read that the buttons are adhered to the PCB. You'd have to find a way to scrape the old buttons off and mount new ones. Maybe there's enough clearance to mount arcade buttons, maybe you have to cut holes in your PCB to clear new buttons.

I've got a problem with one of my buttons starting to stick (I have an FT2), and have PMed someone who has opened their stick to ask about the feasability of swapping springs from other buttons or from an outside source.

I'll let you know after I recieve an answer (of course I could just open my stick, but I want to wait a little before going after it).

3. HighKing

This is an old thread, but I appreciate your response and your help, Thanks. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. KyoukanFactor

KyoukanFactor Well-Known Member

I cant help any....i just wanted to show you my quote...heh...

5. HighKing

You thief, get your own Signature. /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

6. HighKing

Well, according to the PM he sent me, he won't take it off because he wants to "start a signature war". Fuckin' immature bitch.

I'll change it.

7. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    I haven't opened the ft2, but I can almost guarantee you that happ buttons are too deep to fit in the joystick case. Sanwa pushbuttons should fit, however.

Arcade-infinity.com has the pushbuttons in stock.