1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help! buying PS2 in Singapore

Discussion in 'Console' started by proto, Mar 12, 2002.

1. proto

proto Member

I went down to Toy "R"us today, they are selling PS2 US version for S$579. The sale guy there said that the NTSC ver come only with Japanese words, is that true?

By the way, where would b the best place to get a set and how much did U guys got it for?

Appreciate Ur info. Thanks

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

FYI
    NTSC J is Jap set (Japanese Language)
    NTSC U/C is US set (English Language)
    PAL is Euro set (English Language)

Note:Games that comes out in the market 1st are NTSC J followed by NTSC U/C and lastly PAL.

3. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

most ppl would buy the original and modify it to play DVD-r or CD-r(pirated). The final cost usually add up to around $650 to $750 depending on the modification and chip used.
    I personally got a modified PAL version with Action Replay 2. Paid S$750 for it. Its modified to play NTSC J, NTSC US, PAL, all pirated(DVD-r and CD-r) and DVDs from all 6-region codes.
    A friend of mine thought it was a very good deal(i think so too, hehe) since i do not have to worry about what i can or cannot play as i can play everything in the market.
    Got it from Deelie Wheelie(opp Supreme CD at Takashimaya), ask for Benson and say Kwok Lin referred. Hopefully you get a bit of discount.
    Cheers.

4. proto

proto Member

Thanks for your help, will go check it out this weekend.
    really appreciate that

5. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Been really tempted to buy one for FFX.... but first, gotta do some homework first before I actually get it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Just wanted to ask, what mod is supposed to be preferred nowadays ? I keep hearing about Origa, etc etc. Some PS2s where you gotta keep pressing this button in order for Japanese games to play, so what should be the mod that I'm looking for which is relatively hassle free, yet gives me access to everything ?

Then there are horror stories of how store owners cheat the consumers by selling fake PS2 controllers, removing the components of the lens and replacing them with inferior ones, among others, so what exactly should I be looking out for when getting a PS2 ? Recommendations ? Thoughts ? Advice ?