1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help me beat Dural

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Hellfire, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Hellfire

Hellfire Member

Please someone give some advice on beating Dural with Lau. I'm having a lot of trouble beating her because of all her different moves and the fact that when I hit her with the [3_] [P][K]move she doesn't fly very high into the air and prevents me from doing a lengthy combo. Thanks.

2. Trashcan

Trashcan Member

Well, dural has a lot of moves from other characters, some of her own, and is considered a LOT heavier than Jeffry, that's why the only combos you can pull on her are bounce combos.

[4],[6],[P] -> [P],[4]+[P],[P] is your best bet if you want to juggle her, though you need to be on closed stance.

Afterwards, Dural, being the last character (if you play in Arcade mode), the comp AI is much more intelligent, meaning harder to beat. Means you'll have to play very well, mix up your attacks (comp learns FAST) and make good use of your evade attack. Lau's evade attack, if I remember well, stomach crumble on MC, enabling you to follow with a nifty combo.

You still might be able to make her float high enough with [3]+[P]+[K] on MC and finish with [3]+[P],[P],[K].

Good luck, I hope this helps.

3. TomDC85

TomDC85 Well-Known Member

Many of her moves leave her open, like akira's knee or wolf's throws. Don't ever throw more than once a round, as it's too risky with her combo-speed and power and she'll probably break it. Stay mobile with dashes, and wait for oppertunities. Play defensively and wait for her mistakes, and learn how many hits there are in her combos e.g. some punch combos are five hits, some basic kicks three. If she does a rising attack, allow yourself a quick smile, then back dash till she's just finishing the kick, then use [4][4][P],[2][P][P][P],[2][K] or [9][K], [3][P][P][P],[2][K]. If she does a low sweep, use [9][K]+[G],[2_][K][K], make make sure you do it early to jump the sweep. If you're skilled uber-style, jump the sweep, then release [K] just before you land comboed with [P][P], [P][4][P][P]. Now that's classy. Keep trying, she's easy when you know how, especially with Lau. I'm a Highking with Lau, and I almost never use [3][P]+[K] coz it's pants (IMO), but some would tell you otherwise.