1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help me decide, please...

Discussion in 'Console' started by Tain, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Tain

Tain New Member

I liked VF3, although I could never really get "good" at it. Because of this, I turned to VO:OT, which pretty much became "my game". So, now that VF4 is out, I'm considering getting a PS2. While I want VO Force, which will probably NOT go to PS2, I hear it's a pretty poor game. And the fact that VF4 is more accessible, making the "community" MUCH larger, certainly doesn't hurt.

Basically, I'm wondering if I should drop the $350 for a PS2 and VF4, and I'm wondering if VF4 is a good follow-up to VF3. I know it'll probably hard to get a direct answer about this, but I'd be greatful.

---

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

well, you're posting on virtuafighter.com ... do you think anyone will say "don't bother with VF4, get VO Force." ?

oh well, at least you're not like the last guy, who asked if he should play VF or tekken. Anyway! You should try before you buy. VO's a deep game, and VF's a deep game, but that's about where their similarity ends. You may find you have zero fun beating up people in 3D fighters, even if you get halfway decent at it.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Best thing to do is look in the Jamboree forum and see if there are people who play VF in your region, then attend a couple of gatherings. That'll give you some point of reference as to whether you should pick up a PS2 and VF4, whether you're going to have good (and fun) competition, etc.

(VO and VOOT are awesome games as well =)

4. Tain

Tain New Member

Hey, I didn't exactly ask if I should play Force or VF4, I asked if VF4 was a good sequel. I assume it is, although I haven't gotten a chance to try it (and I'd never trust someone's opinion on VF outside of this place /versus/images/icons/smile.gif ).

As for the Jamboree suggestion, I'll take a look. Considering how there's supposedly only one machine in my state (barren old Ohio) at the moment, I think I'll just have to do what I did with VOOT... Try to get some of my friends to play it.