1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help me make a better fighting game

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragonps, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    A long time ago I posted on these forums my plans to create my own fighting game based on my love of Virtua Fighter, a lot went on however now I'm designing and programming and eventually will have a demo of sorts for people to try out.

I have a question for you all, in fighting games where you have a choice of different character colours (Street Fighter, Killer Instinct etc) which colour combinations are your favourites?

And also do you prefer costume variations or completely different costumes?

beanboy likes this.
  2. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

What type of fighting game is it 2D or 3D? Give us more info on it or post some samples or pics if you can. Also I prefer completely different costumes like A B C D costumes in vf.

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

different costumes if I have to choose between the two.

4. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    At the moment I'm going for 2.5D similar to Street Fighter however mechanically it takes options from both the KOF and VF series. I can't post any pics yet (trademarking)

One idea I had was to let the community design a colour palette for their favourite character and then this would be added to the game as free dlc.

5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

@Dragonps
    Wow! You're an indie game dev too?
    Cool!:D

6. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    No, I thought this post had been updated but I'll update everyone now.

The idea is still there but with no programming skill and no time to learn myself the project is officially dead. I'm talking to some indie devs and seeing if one of my characters could make it in as a guest but that's about it.

At the moment I'll end up giving the idea to someone who knows what they're doing