1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help me upgrade my wall bullshit

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Reki, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

When I first got the game I picked lau and try to use him like a mishima because I needed to catch up with my bros who got the game months earlier. Dropped him for Aoi because I didn't know yet what I want and she seemed to punch dicks better. As I played the game, I realized some psychos have these bullshit powers that chuck your corpse into a wall from awkward angles on the stage. I realized I want in it and ended up going back to lau.

After getting demoted twice and getting stuck on warrior for who knows when, here's some staples that I got:

"DOUBLE BOUND" SIDE WALL SOURCES:

[​IMG]
    Lau's front side facing the wall, K + G:
    Full tracking and leads to
    kokei P+K, 46K+G, KK, 66+K+G, etc

Lau's back side facing the wall, 66P+K:
    Tracking prevents the guy from sidestepping away from the wall and leads to
    bt P+K, 46K+G, KK, 66+K+G, etc

One note for 66P+K, the guy's shoulder needs to be almost touching the wall for it to splat. Also, K+G may have a nice pushback to raise chances of the wallsplat but it's slow as fuck compared to 66+P+K.

You guys have any more of these?

Also, I see players doing a juggle or something, corpse hits wall and instead of falling face down lau wavedashes into 23+P,P+K (how the fuck you do that) then 66+K+G was still possible afterwards. Could someone elaborate on how do you do stuff like this?

2. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    I'm not sure what you mean by wavedashing into 2_3pp+k. But the move definitely does hit them into the wall so they slump down, giving you time to do 66K+G.

But just to add another one to your repertoire. if you move BOTH circles closer to the wall, and Lau's back is facing the wall. 1K (15frame LOW), will give side wall hit. And you can follow up with 6K+G for a wallsplat then into standard combo.

3. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Thanks, good to know a low mixup. Some people I fight against online recognize how addicted I am to wall combos so they started turtling hardcore when I become like an all-in moron when near a wall.

Question, I realized that 'wall staggers' like 4k, 3k are not the only ways to get guaranteed wall splats (aside from counter hits causing wall staggers). What exactly causes you to get +17-20s when they hit the wall? I'm assuming all side wall hits net you +17-20?