1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help on 1 frame throw

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Guayaba209, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Guayaba209

Guayaba209 Member

Anyone think of a more efficient way to get wolfs 1f Giant swing.

I try 4236p+g but its not really 100% or 50% for that matter.

2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

there's no secret, pratice as much as you can. Once you get used on 1p side do the same on 2p side. You just have to syncronize the movement on your stick or dpad and press [P]+[G] when you are entering [6] direction after you did the HCF movement as fast as you can. There's no real need to do 1 frame for each direction, but the less the better.

3. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Try and do a forward dash first, that always seemed to work for me to get fastest input stuff. I assume it's because you buffer the input into the dash animation.

4. Guayaba209

Guayaba209 Member

ya thats something that i implemented before reading this post because i used to do this when i was on a pad, but i switched to a stick now, so i'm getting used it.

Thx guys

5. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Wolf has throws that can execute in 1f? Or is this just PGS? idgi

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    not executed in 1 frame.
    just the imput must be just-frame - as fast as possible.

7. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

Is it that the P+G must be released within 1 frame? Because the notational input I've been successful in getting it with even each direction being 2 or 3 frames.

8. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

The old rule in vanilla was that the half-circular input had to occur within 6 frames, I believe. I don't know if that's still true anymore or if you have more time now.

The best trick I know to pull this off is to input it as if it was "416". The idea have the stick at 4, and then drop the stick down into the corner and immediately slam it into the 6 position as fast as possible. It's certainly reliable for getting the throw, but still takes a bit of practice to get the timing fast enough.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I believe this to still be the case. The input felt exactly the same as in vanilla, so just do the circular motion as fast possible.

10. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    From my testing in dojo mode, the rule I have found is.

[4]
    (4 frames to input [2] )
    [6][P][+][G]

So I think of it as a timer "sandwich". You can hold [4] as long as you like. That's one end of the sandwich. You end in [6][P][+][G]. That's the other end of the sandwich. In between, you have to hit [2], and you have four frames to do it.

11. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

12. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    I've made a video to explain how to do the PGS. It's a bit rough around the edges, and I will try to get a better mic and redo it, but I wanted to share it for now.

edit: Redid video for better sound and video quality

EvenPit and Mister like this.
  13. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    This is an very informative video, thanks for it. Only thing I'd like to mention about doing 426P+G is that there's a risk you're going to get a DM toward the screen if you do it without a G buffer or after a move without enough recovery (eg. jab, 426P+G)