1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help on Reversal (Akira)

Discussion in 'Akira' started by strangelove, Jan 26, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Isn't the SS iageri mid and the normal SS kick high?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Name one.

3. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

don't forget to try the b+P+K+G parry, you can reverse high punches and high kicks, but also low punches(if i got this wrong, someone correct me), thus it may be better to use this if you think the opponent's going for a high attack, cause if you guessed wrong and then they went for a low punch, yay for you. then just tap f+P for the auto palm(or if you get more finger dexterity, go for the SPoD)

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Gah....
    Jacky's SS K is a mid level attack
    if u crouch, it'll stagger u

Ice: same deal for the iai kick..it's a mid move...

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"""Elbows hit mid but if you're executing a fwd CR guard you can actually avoid being hit""""

I read the above statement, scratch my head for a bit....decided to ask around in an effort to understand what u r trying to say (just in case I misread ur post)

Oh, I didn't misread ur post at all. U're mistaken again (I'm not gonna use the word 'wrong' cause mistakes do happen to all of us)

plz for the last time, mid level attacks CANNOT...I REPEAT..cannot be avoided or guarded when u're crouching...it will HIT U and will cause a stagger!

6. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Reversals are no longer like it was in VF3

Oops...didn't know reversals have been standardised in VF4. =p

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ah well
    shit happens to all of us...no harm done.

8. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Active Member

Please help. How's the timing for reversal really? Do I enter the reversal command at the same time the opponent enter his move(Like someone said in this thread, when you SEE the move, it's too late)? Or do I enter it 'right before the oppenent's arm/leg hit me' ? I really want to know. Thanks.

9. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

I tot so too but summers says otherwise........

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

There is no special difficult timing, you can enter a reversal anytime form the exact same frame an attack begins to 1/60th of a second before it actually hits you.

You won't get reversals on reflex though, you just have to know the attack is coming and do the reversal just as your opponent has pressed a button. Remember that since an attack in VF typically takes less than half a second, you almost can't reverse too early, only too late.

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

How would the game be able to "tell" that you are going to guard cancel the kick on the same frame as it's been blocked, and magically change the hit level of the move? By the time the game has figured out the move was blocked, it's too late to change which level it hits on.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

christ
    if u refuse to believe me...next time someone does a SS k on u
    feel free to duck low...

13. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Creed,

While reversal timing was exactly as you described it in VF3, I think it's changed in VF4, so that you cannot enter the command at the same time as the attack for slow moves.

Remember how in VF3 there would be a kind of slowing down of the reversal animation to compensate for the reversal connecting with slow moves, like Taka's b+K or Kage's u/f+K+G? This doesn't happen anymore in VF4.

This is talked about on page 19 of the black book, at the bottom. They use the example of blocking Akira's SDE, then Akira goes for either low P or d/f+P+K. If you reverse right away, you'll get the low P reversal, but not the d/f+P+K, as it connects much slower. The pictures show this.

I think this is why most people said the timing felt more strict when VF4 came out.

Spotlite

14. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Active Member

This is talked about on page 19 of the black book, at the bottom. They use the example of blocking Akira's SDE, then Akira goes for either low P or d/f+P+K. If you reverse right away, you'll get the low P reversal, but not the d/f+P+K, as it connects much slower.

Em.. you mean the timing is to input it 'right before the hit connects' right? Does the black book mention anything about time/frame? Think I will test and observe more closely last time.. Jacky's beatknuckle should be obvious enough to see the diff. Thanks btw.

15. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    well, I think that it depends on the move. In the case of Jacky's BK, you probably want to input the reversal right away. But with a move like Kage's u/f+K+G, slow it down a little.

The black book contains no frame data, btw.

Spotlite

16. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

On Jeff's Big ass Boot, rev. <font color=white>slow</font color=white> !!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif