1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help! re: akira

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Dashwolf, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Dashwolf

Dashwolf Well-Known Member

Although I played vf since vf2, I'm still quite newbie coz I've never really trained hard at it, it was more of a play and go kind of game for me.
    VF4 kept me playing on and on for some strange reason. And this is my first time using Akira ( i was a newbie lion player), I found his combos to be pretty difficult to pull off.
    I've praticed and finally managed to do the SPOD after much difficulty. Now I've been trying to learn the other combo i've seen others pulling off with ease which is the [ df+k+g ; f+p ; b,f,f+p+k ]. I've no problem pulling off the first 2 part but I've have alot of problems trying to do the 3rd part. I just can't seem to execute the move fast enough. Is there a buffer or easier way to do this combo?

The other combo I've been trying do which I first saw from the 2nd match of the movie clip titled akira(moonsuk)_vs_pai(nakojin)2 from tbzone. The akira did some sort of like a overhead smash then connected it to a somewhat like a super stun plam. I was wondering how I could do this combo. Any akira users willing to give me some insight on how to do it? Thanks!

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Despite the coolness of Akira...very newbie unfriendly

That combo which u mentioned having difficulties to pull off is commonly know as DLC or Akira special #2

As you have found out by now...the last bit of the combo is indeed the toughest to pull off...after the f P, u MUST, I repeat, U MUST allow the stick to return to neutral..then execute b, f, f p k.

There is no way to buffer this move...nor is there a modified way to do this move.

A) make sure u return stick to neutral..then enter the command for bodycheck
    B) U have to enter all three different commands ..so the only way to do it is... REAL QUICK!!!

*note*..I might as well give as much pointers as possible
    Some players stuff up the DLC because their shoulders get really tight, this can hamper the speed of the command execution n input..just relax while doing it..I promise u..once u get the hang of it...doing the move is quick n as easy as snapping ur fingers

It is possible to master this..to begin with, both SPOD n DLC have been ' dumbed down' in terms of the level of difficulty in performing those two moves.
    n once u got it..U'll start to wonder why oh why it used to give u so much pain~!

I'm gonna let someone else answer ur other questions..I haven't got the clips yet~

Additional NOTE : disregard whatever frame stats I churned out just now..all wrong..BAH~!
    sorry for any confusions caused to u~!

<font color=red>~~~ ' IRC
    I Repeat Classes!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 10/23/01 12:00 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. Dashwolf

heh thanks summer!

ps : i made a mistake about the movie clip, it was match 3 not 2

4. ivanyuki

ivanyuki New Member

Every Akira player has been in your situation, and I know it is a hard time. I was a little like you and didn't managed to do the backcheck (I still don't manage to do it with a standard DC controller in VF3).The only way is training , and as summers said let the stick go back to neutral , it might seem a bit hard but unfortunately ther is no secret in doing the DLC.
    As far as I'm concerned I find the SPOD command easier but harder to do in the heat of the fight and DLC is real hard but you can use it more often so it helps training. If you're a newbie try to go for an "opener " to train your DLC for example d/f,d/f +P --> DLC or a bit harder d,f+P+K, f+P+K --> DLC these sarters are your common options for DLC.

A franche player who seeks the truth

5. Dashwolf

thanks!

hmm but no one knows the 2 hit combo I'm talking about ? -_-

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I think it's d/f+P+K+G. P, but I haven't seen the clip. Sounds like it from your description, though.

Spotlite

7. Dashwolf

oh! thanks! I'll try that out tomorrow !
    have been playing playing for 7 hours straight today at the arcade near my place at bukit panjang plaza...
    been training akira but still cant manage to do a DLC but managed to do the SPOD more consitently now... :(
    saw a japanese akira user there, played about 10 rounds with him. He totally owned me with DLCs -_-
    but I managed to win with cheesy players like lion and jacky =x

But at least he was sporting enough to play with me even though he lost, we spent about $10 each coz it cost us $1 per game there (sucks!)
    during my 7 hours there, only saw 5 different faces playing vf4 here.. maybe everyone's at bugis nowadays

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Can someone confirm if PIT-SE-RBC ~ df+P+K+G,P ~ DLC or Fujin is a guaranteed combo (assuming the RBC hits)? I read about that on a Japanese website recently...

[​IMG]

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

aye chris..for ur sake
    I shall go try it in a few hrs time~

oh no..another code violation
    -1 point for me~

<font color=red>~~~ ' IRC
    I Repeat Classes!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

10. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    UK guy also mentioned this combo. Not sure if it's guaranteed, though.

Seems like you'd have to dash forward after the RBC (which, to be a nictpicker, isn't guaranteed- I know you know this feixa, just for others benefit), and that might mean there's a window for escape. Also, I'm not sure if there's an opportunity to ukemi somewhere in there. I'd wager that somewhere you can, especially with the DLC. But, could be that since it sounds like a face-down fall you can,t. I'll check it out as soon as VF4 shows up here.

Spotlite

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

In movies, the Koreans consistently follow the PIT RBC with SDE (which gets escaped sometimes).. and I suspect the SDE is just about the fastest midlevel you can do.

The regular RBC has been seen 3 (I think) times in the same movies and they follow up with a sidekick, which is successful every time. I imagine that this is guaranteed since the koreans have proven they're good at struggling (look at akira kid's brother zip away from wolf's d/f, d/f+P+G, d/f+P) ...

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

12. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Yeah, most of the lastest batch of info from Japanese books/mags suggest following with a SDE- DblPm or dashing DJK.

Didn't think to try the middle kick followup to RBC, VF2 style. I remember joji's faq "think of this as one move..."

Last time I played, it seemed like the SDE can out while the oppt was still stunned a little, but I could be wrong. Maybe people who are escaping are facing slightly slow Akiras? Just speculation here.

Spotlite

13. Dashwolf

?
    Whats a PIT-SE-RBC and a Fujin?

hope you could tell me more :)

14. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

the best advice I ever read on getting DLC out was to concentrate on the 'b' movement in the bodycheck. It was in an Akira FAQ, probably written by someone on this board -- but I'm at work at don't have time to properly credit, sorry :)

Anyway, the advice was to perform the movements thinking:

d/f+k+g ; f+p ; BACK,f,f+p+k

I found this helped a lot -- especially since I already had the first two hits down and could do them without thinking. So it became 'do first two hits, concentrate on moving the stick BACK the instant I've finished' and then it's not so hard to get the '...f,f+p+k' to finish it off.

Hope this helps,

grib.

15. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Okay, here's the breakdown of what this stuff means. I'll include the real names of the moves because a) I believe that if you learn the real names, you'll be able to navigate japanese texts easier and talk to japanese players about the game and b) I'm a dork and I like that kind of shit.

RBC: this stands for Reverse Body Check. This name comes from calling Akira's TetsuZanKou (b,f,f+P+K) a Bodycheck, or BC. The reverse aspect comes in as Akira's b,d/f+P+G throw YoshiSenRin (reverse because Akira slips behind the oppt and hits them back to back). In this case, it refers to the command f,b+P+G, u or d, P+K, which is basically a RBC done from the PIT Pull In Throw, or JunShinHonKou.

SE means Suprise Exchange, which here refers to the fact that Akira slips behind the oppt's back after the PIT (this slipping is called ChinHo), and before the RBC, or in this case KoZanEki. Since this is actually a 3 command combo, Feixa denoted it as 3 commands; but it might be easier to just say PIT- RBC, or even PRBC? In the case of PIT-SE (where one doesn't finish with P+K), maybe one could write PSE?

This is probably even more confusing to you.

SE is also used to describe any character's move where they get to the oppt's back, like Shun's d/f+P+G or Kage's f+P+G.

Spotlite

16. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Sorry, I forgot about Fujin.

This is Akira's new 3 hit combo (d+K+G- f+K- b,f+P) FujinShouShitsuFukkoGeki. The Fujin just comes from the first part of the name, which is also the first part of the name for just d+K+G: FujinKyaku, or Axe Kick (Lei Fei also has this move). I think calling it Fujin basically was my idea (not to pat myself on the back, but rather to say that if it's confusing, blame it on me). I liked that Fujin is also the name of the Japanese Wind God, and therefore had a small association with the true name of the DLC, the first part of which is Shura (as it's called by Japanese players) or roughly "demon". If you like Tekken, you'll know that people call the Mishima's CD right upper a Wind God Fist, which is just english translation of it's actual name: FujinKen.

A lot of people call this move Akira Special 3 or AS3, and Japanese texts tend to call it "New 3 Hit".

Spotnerd

17. Crew Wolf

Crew Wolf Active Member

Wow, every Spotlite post seems to be a treasure of information. I slave away against Mishimas very often, and know all too well (!!) the wind god fist. Thanks for the insight, Spotlite. Nice to know the origin of stuff.

Ultimately, we're all dead men, sadly we cannot choose how, BUT we can decide how we meet that end in order that we are remembered as men.

18. MoebiusNu

MoebiusNu Member

The japanese "wind god" might be pronounced the same way as the word "fu-jin" is pronounced. But don't confuse the two. The Akira Special 3, or the new 3 hit in VF4, the "Fu-jin" is actually a combination of two chinese characters that means "axe edge." So Akira's new 3 hit really has no connotations of wind god what so ever. Just my .02 :)

[​IMG]
    <font color=orange> ¤Hªý±þ¤H¡A¯«ªý±þ¯« ! </font color=orange>/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

19. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

and here's fujin himself! straight from mk4. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    I don't confuse the two.

That's why I made sure to say Akira's kick is "Axe Kick" in my post, not "Wind God Kick".

Spotlite