1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with FT arcade interface

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by FarOutFreak, Aug 24, 2004.

1. FarOutFreak

FarOutFreak Member

I've tried searching the FT section and it seems there's not much in it that I can find as useful, but if this info is out there can someone please help...

Is there anybody who can tell me how to use the interface of FT in terms of the Access Card and naming? We just got a machine and they're selling Access Cards, but the machine is in Korean and nobody's that good at explaining to me how the hell I can use it. I can't say I have a good grasp of Japanese or Korean to decipher the exact instructions that are shown by the machine, so if there's any way of figuring them out, it would be a great help.

And FYI, this is the first time we've gotten a machine using the Access Card, hence the inexperience with what to do...

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    FarOutFreak said:

I've tried searching the FT section and it seems there's not much in it that I can find as useful, but if this info is out there can someone please help...

Is there anybody who can tell me how to use the interface of FT in terms of the Access Card and naming? We just got a machine and they're selling Access Cards, but the machine is in Korean and nobody's that good at explaining to me how the hell I can use it. I can't say I have a good grasp of Japanese or Korean to decipher the exact instructions that are shown by the machine, so if there's any way of figuring them out, it would be a great help.

And FYI, this is the first time we've gotten a machine using the Access Card, hence the inexperience with what to do...

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that the first time you use the card you put it in the machine and choose your charater. Once you have done that, every subsequent time you play when you insert the card it will automatically select/highlight the character on the card. Note: to name and dress your characters you will need a VF.NET account and a machine that is hooked up to VF.NET.

cheers,
    kbcat

3. FarOutFreak

FarOutFreak Member

So there's no naming and customization outside of VF.NET then? Just recording wins and losses? Is there any feature that is not limited to having VF.Net?

Hm, wonder what I'm supposed to do with the money that I got from Challenge mode the first time...

Thanks...

4. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    If you are not subscribed to vf.net you dont actually get any of your money.

5. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    FarOutFreak said:

So there's no naming and customization outside of VF.NET then? Just recording wins and losses? Is there any feature that is not limited to having VF.Net?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is unfortunately true -- unless you get a chance to play on a VF.NET connected machine you won't be able to customize your character /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Sad, but true -- card without VF.NET is simply a way to record win/loss. The biggest draw back is that you can't use the change moves /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kbcat

6. FarOutFreak

FarOutFreak Member

Additional question then...

During the Character Select section, there is a Yes/No prompt in yellow lettering... what exactly is it asking?

And what exactly happens when holding P+K+G during selection...