1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with guaranteed throw moves

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Mike90210, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

How can I find out my opponents guaranteed throw moves? Is there any type of list or a way to tell by framerate advantage?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

+8 frame advantage = guaranteed throw (assuming you're the guy who just blocked and the one with +8 frames).

There's an easy test on PS2 trial mode. On one of them, the CPU will try to throw moves that are throw counterable immediately. So stick out the move and then mash on punch. If the punch wins, the move is uncounterable. If you get thrown, the move is throwable.

I think the trial is 13?

3. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

cool thanks for the help

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You could also check out the Version C command lists on this site, found under the character sections. (most characters are done).

The <font color=orange>Grd</font color=orange> (Guard) column indicates the frame difference in recovery after you've guarded the attack. As CreeD mentioned, anything showing 8 or more frames disadvantage (i.e. -8 or more) is a candidate for being throw counterable. Having found such an attack, the only thing to consider then is the positioning of both characters after the guard. There are cases where you're too far, or the attacker is on the ground, for example, where a throw counter is obviously, not possible.

So, go to a character's Ver. C command list, and click on the <font color=orange>Grd</font color=orange> column. This will sort the command list by the Guard frame difference (click again to change from descending to ascending).

Using this, it's easy and convenient to find out which guarded attacks are potentially throw counterable.

5. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

Or you can turn on the "throw counterable" display in training. Although I am not positive that it is 100% accerate.

-mushen