1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Lion Please

Discussion in 'Lion' started by mysticlycent, May 16, 2002.

1. mysticlycent

mysticlycent Member

I've got a copy of vf4 about a month ago, and I find my self stuck. I made it to 1st dan no trouble, then things slowed down. I still managed to pick my way thru the ranks, and now I'm stuck between 7th and 8th dan. If anyone knows any good strategies or tips, they would be greatly appreciated. I prefer not to cheat with vs. mode, or use a cheese move through the entire game. However, those cheese moves are welcome. It's always nice to have something to rely on when it's down to the bone in fight 5 /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

7 or 8th Dan is awesome. really. without the cheesy gooey AI crap this is quite good.

Lion Dojo here at VFDC is a good place to find excellent info. My teacher is 8 Dan in Japanese arcades and kumite is trying to give you idea of battle with AI mimic of Japan's best. BigCat who has written most of the VF3 Lion FAQ and has contributed an awesome VF2 FAQ has repeatedly rebuffed my CPU and AI cheese requests. Do you have the green sleeves? /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

3. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

I'm Grandmaster with Lion right now, and some of my favorites are:
    b,b+K,K,D+k,k, and if you land the pounce afterwards, it's probably 80pts damage.
    k,k, pounce
    u+k,k, pounce
    of course the low attacks are great, too.
    db+k+g,d+p
    df+p+k

others that are useful:
    p+k
    u+p+k
    df+p,p
    b,df+p

and, of course, the throws:
    standard p+g
    b+p+g
    hcb+p+g
    are among the best, imho.

4. mysticlycent

mysticlycent Member

Thanks for all of the help, I really appreciate it.

I have found that I am slowly progressing again, however, progressing to champion is really a big pain. You loose to 1 10th dan, and get demoted, that kinda stinks.

I've also found something interesting that may help some of you. Just K,K does a double kick toward the opponent. I have found that if you manage to knock them down, and then tap B,B to jump back a couple times, the computer will up and charge swinging before they actually reach you. A well timed K,K will take them down again, and repeat, you can usually do this twice per round before the AI really catches on.

5. mysticlycent

mysticlycent Member

I'm still a newbie to VFDC, so I'm having a little trouble finding the dojo's you speak of, but in answer to your question, Yes, I do have green sleeves.

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Vicious666 has some good ones in there, but they're generally not so hot against people. If you're playing the CPU, you should be fine.

Try this one.
    u+k, b,f+P+K,b+P+G, down attack (sometimes pounce) Nice one.

7. Vicious666

Oh yeah, i should have clarified, those were definitely CPU abusing moves that don't work quite so well against humans...with humans you definitely have to mix up the levels more, and play mostly okizeme...at least that's what i've found.

GaijinPunch, nice combo...I'm gonna try one out...been trying to figure out how use the b,f+P+K move...I like how you're using it to setup a throw....I need more throw setup moves.

8. GaijinPunch

I've got a few movies of me in Kumite mode if you want to see them. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Vicious666

I'd love to. Do you have them posted somewhere? what format?

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

here are some of my personnal guarenteed combos.

1> b,b+k ~ p+k ~ b,f+p+k ~ f,f+k,k
    2> b,b+k ~ p+k ~ f,f+k,k (for some reason more damaging)
    3> b,b+k ~ p+k ~ b,f+p+k ~ db+k
    4> QCB+p ~ f,f+k,k
    5> QCB+p ~ b,f+p+k,p,p
    6> p+k ~ f,f+k+k
    7> p+k ~ b,f+p+k,p,p (good TR trapper)

11. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

having trouble finding the dojo...hmm, go to HOME and click on Lion then click on dojo. <a target="_blank" href=http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/virtua_fighter_2_lion.txt>http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/virtua_fighter_2_lion.txt</a> here you will find <font color=red>BigCat's </font color=red> Lion VF2 FAQ.

12. GaijinPunch

I can post 'em. Just need to get my compuer sorted out. Private message me and I'll let you know when the FTP is up.

13. mysticlycent

mysticlycent Member

I'm finally feelin the flow I guess you could say. I'm severly whoopin some AI a$$. But you all were right of course, there are very few human players in the area, and when ever one steps up to the plate, they tend to give me a good run for the money, just by having a decent block game and button mashing. Of course I don't let them have their glory, but I don't have the same comfort against human players. I'm now a demonlord 1611/532 and my percentage is slowly on the rise.