1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Shun

Discussion in 'Shun' started by CreeD, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

That is more of a way of saying fuck you to the opponent, as in "I don't even need DP to win." which can be funny, but if your gunna be serious, you will get as many DP as possible, esp at the end of the round. It is why you see shun's trying to win with a fast move, like [4][6][P] [P] or something of that nature, so they can get 6 drinks at the end of the match.

2. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

the best is when you ring someone out! you can get like 9 dps!

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

of course
    and humiliate them

4. SenseiSD

SenseiSD Active Member

Hi Shun-Maniacs out there:

Has anyone noticed, how often the CPU AI falls victim to Shun`s new [6_][G][P][K],[P] Move - started from the DS ? Even the famous Chibita AI gots kick-ashed by this.... /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    To come 2 DS I often use [4_][G][K], wich works as well good as an inofficial Sabaki.
    Well once ya [P] mentioned above hits, it floats enemy and with 16 DPs intus ya can connect the
    [K][K][2][P][K] - isnt that nice ? /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I also love his new [G][K] attacks from BT and - last but not least - his Sabaki. ARRIGATO Sega 4 implementing it.
    Its not comparable with Aois or Akiras ones, but better than that from Lei Wulong... does anyone know this guy ? /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hope 2 mention him here is no VF sakrileg... /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well one thing 2 the terminology battle japanese vs. english:
    My PAL manual uses a mixture of them...so boths are satisfied /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Well and refering 2 Shun and his DRUNKEN-STANCE:

YES he has one, but - like mentioned above - its more kinda CRANE STANCE ( like Leis [8_][G][P][K]).

Well one question at last:

How is it possible 2 win with Shun in less than 10 secs... ?

5. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SenseiSD said:

Well one question at last:

How is it possible 2 win with Shun in less than 10 secs... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a quest order in one of those earlier arcades? I did it by [K][K][P] and [K][K][2_][P] with 10+ drinks, some stupid cpus just don't know how to block them. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My question: what's the best chance to use the [8][K] move? It is counterable after blocked, so I must know when and where to use it. Can somebody help me please?

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

When you think the opponent is going to low punch--great move.

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

After Kage's [9][K]+[G], after Aoi's elbow-cancels, just to name a couple.

8. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Shun's [4][P]+[K] 10 drink auto throw sabaki thingy is just nasty. The other day in the course of three matches I had my sgpm thrown, my [P] thrown, my SDE thrown & my stpm thrown IIRC (it takes me awhile to adjust, okay /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). 10 drinks or more and Shun is a beast. This move is mean. I vaguely remember one of the Shuns in the greenbook dvd spamming [4][P]+[K] upon getting 11 drinks or so. Shun rocks.

9. SenseiSD

SenseiSD Active Member

Thank you Li.
    Yup its 4 the QM. I`ll give it a try.

Also find out, that [4][6][P][P][P],[K][K],[8][P] works 2
    as well as [P]+[K],[K],[G]+[P]+[K],[G]+[P]

10. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    6 Drinks after Round

Shun, like many of the world's great alcoholics, derives power and speed from drinking alcohol. In order to keep him happy, you gotta keep him drunk. Post-round drinkage is a time-honoured way of celebrating victory, and the best way is to slam a whole 6-pack in all of one and a half seconds.

Here's the deal: there are only certain moves that can lead into a 6 drink post-round celebration. And those attacks are:

[P]
    [4][6][P][P][P] (lever movement must be made before last P lands, try this after a big floater and the like; can be done after any one of the three punches)
    [2][3][6][P]
    [2][P]
    [2_][K] (once again, lever must be moved before K lands)
    [3][P]
    [G]+[P] (only when last punch is the final blow)
    [K]+[G]
    [6][K] (from lying stance)
    [3][K] (yes, lever movement must be done in advance)
    [4][P]

I believe this is the complete list, but I will add more if I find any.
    Remember some of these are very hard, but then again, how many guys do you know who can slam that much drink in that much time, esp. without a beer bong?

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: 6 Drinks after Round

if shun gets the 4 DP from a P+G throw at the end of the round, is it possible to lie down and get another 3 for 7?

12. sekaijin

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa

actually, if the fiinal little elbow of the standard [P]+[G] connects, you CAN lie down and get six more. the timing for that one is probably the most precise. nothing beats getting (yeah) 10 drinks after a round!

13. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

What to follow up after my [4]+[P] hit? I found that the effect of [4]+[P] depends on the number of DPs and whether it's a counter hit. It seems after 5 DPs I can follow with a [3]+[P] most of the times, after 8 DPs [3]+[P][P] can do a bit more damage. I tried to do chouwan after [4]+[P], but the success rate is only at 50% even if I have more than 8 DPs. Is chouwan guranteed after [4]+[P] with a certain number of DPs? Do I have to get a MC so I can follow up a chouwan? Thanks for help.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

5 DPs on MC will guarantee [3][P] and chouwan.

Man, these Italian keyboards suck!!!

15. sekaijin

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa

after the [4][P] i try to mix it up between [3][K], [9]/[3][G][P][K], [2][3][6][P], and [6][P][P][P][K] (and its variants). mixing it up is essential if you want to confuse people, and although you dont land the [4][P] all too often, you should always keep several options in mind.

16. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

Don't think that's possible. I think you can only get 1 more drink after that throw since it's recovery time is very long indeed.

17. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

ok i just got Evo but when i played it on the import before i remember busting his nasty new sabaki ( [4][P]+[K] ) but now i can't seem to get the auto throw off, what moves does it sabaki? doesn't say anywhere in the book or in the movelist.

18. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
  19. MrMojo

MrMojo Well-Known Member

Just wondering about this, but can I do recoveries on certain moves that make him fall down? Kpk from the lying down stance for example.

20. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG

[ QUOTE ]
    Just wondering about this, but can I do recoveries on certain moves that make him fall down? Kpk from the lying down stance for example.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You mean tech-rolls? No you can't. Also the moves that Shun has that make him fall to the ground have alot of recovery time and usually give the opponent a free down attack so use them sparingly.