1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

help

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by echo40, Jun 24, 2002.

1. echo40

echo40 Member

I have couple of questions.
    1) Vanessa’s reversal, I understand that they are actually escapable, problem is I don’t know how, can anyone help here?
    2) Can some one help me a little bit on against Vanessa? It seems to me I can’t throw when she is doing her spin fist f,p, and p+k , or maybe my timing was off?
    3) Also, it seems to me she has one of the longest throwing rang, or is it just me?
    4) Can anyone actually do Akira’s pull in, reverse body check, rush elbow, double palm ([6],[4],[P]+[G], [8] [P]+[K], [6][6], [P], [2_],[4] [P]), I mean I can actually do the dash forward double palm([3][3], [4] [6] [P]) it get me close enough, but it seems to me it takes too much time, or maybe it is just me doing it too slow?
    5) Last thing can’t do Akira’s Knee….need help…this frame thing is messing me up, I don’t know how to count frames, can someone help me?
    6) I saw some strange stuff when I am playing. Ok…at least strange to me, there was this one match against wolf, it seems to me wolf did a side ground throw or something, or maybe it has something to do that I was face down on the ground? Anyways, wolf picked me from the ground and we both are facing the same direction and he shoved me forward.

2. nakataman

nakataman Member

hi,

i only got VF4 for PS2 a few days ago, but i think i can answer a few of your questions.

1) i'm not sure, but i don't think reversals are escapable.
    2) sorry, can't help you here. might want to try training mode if you have a PS2. there are options to display guaranteed throw opportunities. record the combo and see if it is a guaranteed throw.
    3) seems like it. i lost count how many times i get beat by those damn knees of hers. /versus/images/icons/mad.gif
    4) sorry, can't help you.
    5) oi, i hate this move. it is very difficult to do consistently. i need to use both hands to do it on my PS2 controller. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif you have to be very fast. if you have PS2, you can see the frames in the training modes. just turn on command information in number format.
    6) i believe that is one of Wolf's moves. a ground throw i suspect. i've seen him do it on me a number of times.

hope this helped.