1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hep for newbies

Discussion in 'Shun' started by PeJ, Jun 5, 2010.

1. PeJ

PeJ New Member

I am a newbie in Shun DI manipuation and fighting.
    I am looking for some good advices in Shun Di.
    (Way to pay ...)

2. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    @WorstPlayer If you quitely laughed to yourself after posting
    that advice. You're sick... [​IMG] And you need to go get that checked [​IMG]

4. 124

124 Well-Known Member

Haha! WorstPlayer!!!! Way to pay!

5. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

So... why isn't anyone offering advice? Don't we want more VF players who don't rely on scrubby tactics?

PeJ, welcome to VFDC. I don't know anything about Shun so I can't help you with that, but look in the Wiki section (At the top of VFDC) for in-depth guides for playing any character.

My most basic advice I can give you is: practice and pay attention. Oh, and try to use a variety of moves, predictability will get you killed.

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Learn some basic combos from the combo listing and what moves give you drink points. After that learn the defensive techniques you'll want to use if something is blocked. As White Worm suggested, the Wiki is a good place to start. Good luck.

7. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    There is a very good VF5 Wiki here

8. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Welcome PEj!! Im not that good with shun but you must learn Drink management. Learn when to take drinks and see what moves gives drinks. Study your stances and positioning. A solid Defense will get you very far. Offense will come later.
    Once again Welcome to the world of Virtua Fighter.

9. DrunkenFist

DrunkenFist Active Member

I would personally work with a more fundamental character at first. I like Lau, he has simple moves and is straight forward. What helps with him though is he makes you relay on the game mechanics more for his evasions. See with Shun he has a lot of moves that allows you to move around evade attacks. So you will usually end up using moves and game mechanics about 50/50. Lau you have to relay on those a lot more. If you insist on playing with Shun Di you can go the route I did. Play him basically after first and then slowly start mixing in his stance and tricks. It helps to start simple and then build up. If you start trying all the tricks and mix-ups right away it will take you longer. More is less.