1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Here comes a new challenger

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by EvilBowlOfCereal, Feb 20, 2002.

1. EvilBowlOfCereal

EvilBowlOfCereal Active Member

Im new to the boards and im hoping I will learn a few things here. Iv been a tekken player for sometime. I did play VF1 for the longist time and I loved it when it first was released. Sense then I haven't played a VF game. I just got VF3 for the dreamcast witch alot of people don't seem to like awhole lot.

I want to try to learn VF over again and hope I can get back into it. My friend thinks VF is the god game but I didn't really care for it sense I play Tekken more then any fighting game out there. In time I hope I will beging to like VF over again maybe even more then Tekken. So im just introducting myself to the boards. I do have a few questions though so insted of making a new topic I'll just post them in here,

1.)What other sites are good for VF informations,Vids,and pretty much everything else.

2.)If I play VF3 for the DC will it help improve my skills for VF4?

Thanks!

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

3. EvilBowlOfCereal

EvilBowlOfCereal Active Member

4. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

to answer your 2nd question, sometimes, sometimes not. i think if you play part of VF2 and part of VF3 that'll help
    (VF3 you need to get used to doing a slow low punch(which is absent in VF4, and is much faster), and insane korean dashing(don't expect a lotta dodges in VF4 unless if the opponent is attacking all the time)

but it does depend on what character you're using. VF3 Lau and Jacky are very similar to their VF4 incarnations, whereas VF3 Kage isn't near his VF4 replica.

5. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Welcome Tekken n00b, and yeah VF3TB will defently help out with your skills if you practice enough.