1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

hey E3 people

Discussion in 'General' started by Drunken_Master, May 17, 2001.

1. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

if any of you are going to e3 can you tell me what the game cube is like? as ign is trying to get me to pay for the info

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

It's great. Depends on how much you like Nintendo I suppose. But I can't fathom any hardcore gamer not liking Nintendo. Only got to play one game since the place was packed, but I'll try again tomorrow.

Smash Bros. Melee - Plays a lot like the original, which is good. Slick graphics, nice new backgrounds. Too be honest, nothing really new though. There were a few new moves added to what was in the N64 version but I couldn't really figure them out.

Luigi's Mansion - Didn't get to play, but watched it for awhile. Seems pretty cool, definitely not a traditional Mario game, the transparency and lighting effects are really nice. You go into different rooms, and have to stun the ghosts with your flashlight, then suck them up with your vacuum. If you get all the ghosts in a room the lights turn on and a treasure chest pops out with coins and sometimes a key. Left stick controls top half of Luigi's body, right stick the walking. Looks even better than a cartoon if you ask me.

Pikimin - Looked kinda cool, didn't play it so can't comment. Looks really original though.

Rogue Leader - Again, didn't play it, but my god, the graphics, I'm rarely impressed by graphics, but this game seriously looks like the movies.

Wave Race - I loved the first one, but this one seemed to need a bit more work. Framerate and details seemed a bit weak. Again, didn't get a chance to play it. On the plus side, I think you can adjust the type of weather and water conditions before a race.

BTW the controller feels nice, a bit hollow, the red button seems a bit hard to reach, but maybe I'm just not used to it. That's all I can think of, I'll try to play more games tomorrow.

3. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

cheers man
    the uk show i am going t this year sony and nintendo have pulled out of it so i wont be seeingthe game cube

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters