1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Everyone =)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Cappo, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Im a new user here, ive been watching this forum for months now. I am an Old School VF player. Only really played VF1 and VF2(BEST IMO), VF3 wasnt all that to me, prolly cause i was into DOA2. For the last 6months or so ive been playing Tekken Tag and Tekken4, and now i wanna get back to VF since VF4 is lookin so damn GoooOoD.
    Anyways do any of you have Virtua Fighter 2 for PC? If u do plz icq me @ 13177683
    I plan to get VF4 on PS2 when it hits US next month hopefully. Can any of u give me a website or tell me whats changed from VF2 through VF4?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I plan to get VF4 on PS2 when it hits US next month hopefully. Can any of u give me a website or tell me whats changed from VF2 through VF4?

LOL. A good place to start is this site and gamefaqs.com.

VF2 -> VF3: Everyone gets to dodge with the E button, walls/slopes on the stages, throws and low throws are escapeable, there are side throws (which aren't) and low side throws (again not). Lower floats. Lots of new and changed moves.
    Two new characters, Aoi and Taka.

VF3 -> VF4: Dodge changed to tapping the joystick up or down lightly. Walls still in, slopes are gone. Floats are almost as high as VF2's. Side throws are now escapeable. Certain moves cause new knockdown animations, other moves don't cause knockdowns where they used to (sweeps). More new and tweaked moves. Two new characters (lei fei and vanessa) but Taka didn't return from VF3.

3. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

All right. like he said great place 2 start, if ur interested in PS2 screens go back a few pages, or mabey it's this page, anyway it looks okay. : )