1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey now! Newbie stick question

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by jason1969, Jul 19, 2015.

1. jason1969

jason1969 New Member

Hello - I just recently returned to playing VF and was thinking about getting a arcade stick. I have read many of the helpful posts here, but haven't fond any info on if it's possible to mod the old original Sega Dreamcast sticks made specifically for VF. There are many on eBay for like $20. I remembering them working pretty well back in the day. I'm on an Xbox 360. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    you mean these PS2 sticks?
    [​IMG]
    its possible to mod anything into a 360 controller really, just some things require more soldering than others. i'm pretty sure @adamYUKI modded his for PS3, maybe he can helo you out.

jimi Claymore likes this.
  3. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Or were you thinking of this sega saturn stick maybe?
    [​IMG]

4. jason1969

jason1969 New Member

Like this one: [​IMG]
    It's probably too much trouble for me to mod, I was just curious. I would like to get two sticks eventually, I will just save up and spend the cash on the good ones. Thanks for reply!

5. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Oh yeah, that would be a nightmare to mod. For one, the buttons are really small, you'd have to widen the holes with a dremel to replace them with anything decent, and tbh they're probably too close together to widen.