1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey..where are you all from?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shadowdean, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

In the last 8 days I've seen more new faces here than in the last 2 years, I'd love to know where all these new fans are comming from.
    I am hailing from Silver Spring, Maryland...going to college in Putney, Vermont.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Raised and attending school in Atlanta, GA. I've been around here though, I'm just one of those infamous lurkers. I've been around since Ice-9 was Jeff-Maru, neogamer was around more, Ting Akira was still on earth(what happened to this guy?!), and they all hung out at ACPC.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Currently attending UCLA, orginally from SF Bay Area.

I'm no stranger to VF but I only recently discovered this site...God knows what took me so long.

4. Shadowdean

Wow...cool...nice to see you finally posting? THink you will ever make it to one of the gatherings?

5. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

I am from the island of Malta on the other side of the planet. Been playing VF since 1995. Currently attending 1st yr University

CIN

6. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

from london. and i got in to vf3 when i got a dreamcast nearly a year back and i love the game.

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

7. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

Copenhagen, Denmark.

Been playing since the first day VF1 came out, tho the competition was a bit limited considering the game wasn't really very deep. The VF'ing really took off when VF2 came out, and I doubt a week went by without a good deal of heavy duty VF'ing for the next five years or so. Has since been toned down a bit, what with the other players dissapearing one by one. There's only two of us left, in fact. *sigh*

8. TripleRaid

TripleRaid Active Member

Silverhill, Alabama

[​IMG]
    <font color=white>:: TripleRaid</font color=white>

9. Guest

Guest Guest

LOL, well, between my finances being limited (aspiring artist and college student...we're not all ballin' like Jeff ;) ), and me absolutely SUCKING at VF, right now, a gathering would be out of the question. Perhaps if they get VF4 in a substatial number of arcades, I might get better, and will come to some gatherings a couple years down the road.

Good question.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm from columbia, md... Been lurking around, learning as much as I can from this site, but have only one "motivated to learn" sparring partner. I spoke with Cause, but have been too busy to get back in touch..
    Are you still in town? Maybe we can hook up this weekend.
    Tobias
    tobyon@hotmail.com

11. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    fogira four,

i also live in LA near the wilshire area. Let me know if you'd like to play VF sometime.

Spotlight

12. Shadowdean

Not yet, won't be in till spring break at the earliest :-(
    and thats in another month

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Currently living in NYC, but will be headed to Tokyo to work for 2-3 years in the fall. Earned pretty good chops in VF1 playing in Ikebukuro arcades, but started to fall behind the curve with later editions. Played VF2 at home and at the Stanford Univ. game center, but the competition was too weak. I tried to get as much done with VF3 at Chinatown Fair in NY, but they got rid of the machine. The one they had at that joint near the 42nd St. AMC theaters had terrible controls, and I haven`t tried the one in Mars 2112.

I suppose I`ll be in the right city to learn VF4 right, but we`ll see how much free time I`ll have. Investment banks are not known for their kindness.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey djarum, are you a first year, 2001 analyst? Which firm/group are you going to in Japan?

ice-9

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Reply to ice-9:

I thought I was putting an old vintage on myself by way of that introduction, but I`m going to GS Tokyo as an associate.

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, that's impressive. I'm guessing you were in b-school at Columbia or Stern? You should meet up with the New York VF group before you graduate.

I'm going to be in ML HK this summer, and am hoping to go into banking full time after graduation. If you don't mind, I would love to keep in touch with a fellow VFer in the banking industry. You can reach me at ice-9@virtuafighter.com or jeffrey@yuwono.com (both forward to my Duke account).

ice-9